Blaze the Cat v1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes to show how much I know about Lua. DERP. As for the float, it's not a bad thing for me, so I don't mind. I'm mostly happy the Super Form works like it did before. I had no idea it'd take some scripting to make it behave this time around.

Thanks for the commands on that! Two simple things to enter in and I've got super activation for Sonic. I'm going to have Blaze herself fixed up tonight if I can. Sol Emeralds will be in a separate download as usual.

However, I'm finding the whole super trigger setup in 2.1 full of convoluted butt cheeks. Why can't it be as simple as a variable anymore? I'm going to be lost if this needs LUA code to turn on.

Character creating is still a bit nerfed from 2.0.x, but it's getting better and lua helps a lot with it.

If I were to bring back her float, I'd want to update the frames I made for SRB2 Riders for Blaze to go with them, that way it looks like her Rocket Accel ability in Sonic Rush. Otherwise, it'd be the same old ugly looking ability we've had in her for half a decade.

That is a huge relief, but I'm a little stuck on getting it to work. I've got it stored as a text lump named LUA_GAME above the OBJECTCFG, and set the flags in the S_SKIN to SF_SUPER, but nothing's happening in-game. Is it all the old stuff conflicting with my S_SKIN?

None of the flags(SF_SUPER SF_SUPERANIMS and SF_SUPERSPIN) are needed to go super, the lua script was the problem. Katmint already fixed it, but here is something about the flags:

SF_SUPER sets if a character can go super in SP, but it gets reset for everyone but SP sonic, that's why it doesn't work.

SF_SUPERANIMS sets that the player uses the action frames for super animations.

SF_SUPERSPIN sets if the player uses spin frames when rolling/jumping in super.

Do note, Luke, that the SF_SUPER flag also gives Blaze Super Sonic's float ability. Nothing can be done about that.

Also, Lua is a word, not an acronym.
I think it's possible to stop the float every time it gets activated and replace(or remove) it with something different but that needs more lua. Blaze played a bit like sonic in rush so I don't see why she shouldn't have the float.

I wanted to update the eggman sprites but I can't find a download for 2.0.x blaze.

The ability's already changed, so nothing to be done about that. I wouldn't minded keeping her hover if, as I've already said a lot, the lack of sprites and Lua knowledge on my part wasn't a problem. It honestly looks ridiculous and lazy with just her jump frames.

I wanted to update the eggman sprites but I can't find a download for 2.0.x blaze.

The rest of what you said just confused the heck out of me, so I have no comment on that. Guess it's too early in the morning for thinking right now.

As for the old Sol Emerald WAD, it's here, but Eggman Nega wasn't inside the package, and all links to the 1.09.4 release are pretty much dead, so we'd have to start from scratch on all the bosses.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zwj4mhyxmmz

None of my backup discs contain him either, because I had wiped all the files related to SRB2 editing from my desktop's HDD previously.

However, the old topic still has some of the sprites, so it's better than nothing. Although the goal sign is creepier than I remember, somebody kill it before it lays eggs.

eggma1al0.png
EGGBA0.png
SIGND0.png

Last edited:
Question directed mostly to those with Lua knowledge: Would it be possible to show the NiGHTS Burning Blaze frames instead of the NiGHTS Super Sonic ones only when the player is Blaze? This goes for the Nega Monitor and the Nega Signpost also.

If it was, then .Luke would be able put everything into a single WAD. Except for the Nega Boss sprites, I guess.

Last edited:
Wow, shockingly, the sol emeralds file still works for Nights mode, (Although the emerald files need renaming.) so the hard part is out of the way, at least. I imagine getting it to work in Lua without overriding Super Sonic in Nights Mode might be a pretty long script for every file name, there are dozens of sprites inside.

The ability's already changed, so nothing to be done about that. I wouldn't minded keeping her hover if, as I've already said a lot, the lack of sprites and Lua knowledge on my part wasn't a problem. It honestly looks ridiculous and lazy with just her jump frames.

The rest of what you said just confused the heck out of me, so I have no comment on that. Guess it's too early in the morning for thinking right now.

As for the old Sol Emerald WAD, it's here, but Eggman Nega wasn't inside the package, and all links to the 1.09.4 release are pretty much dead, so we'd have to start from scratch on all the bosses.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zwj4mhyxmmz

None of my backup discs contain him either, because I had wiped all the files related to SRB2 editing from my desktop's HDD previously.

However, the old topic still has some of the sprites, so it's better than nothing. Although the goal sign is creepier than I remember, somebody kill it before it lays eggs.

eggma1al0.png
EGGBA0.png
SIGND0.png
I remember a 2.0 version and I think I have it somewhere but it's probably better to remake the sprites. I found all of the eggman sprites now.

You have them all now? While Eggman Nega himself might be okay as-is, (Could do with more shading, though.) the mechs he pilots are greatly outdated, yeah. He needs to be reseated in the forward facing and profile angles of Eggman's contraptions. The backside angles should be possible to ignore, which saves a lot of time, and space in the final file.

Goldenhog said:
If it was, then .Luke would be able put everything into a single WAD. Except for the Nega Boss sprites, I guess.

If it's possible to give Blaze her own Nights slot through Lua, then yeah, all of her Nights sprites might be easier put inside the main file. The Sol Emeralds and Eggman Nega will remain in their own package, however. It's easier to do little bug fix updates between either without requiring everyone to also grab the whole package again.

You have them all now? While Eggman Nega himself might be okay as-is, (Could do with more shading, though.) the mechs he pilots are greatly outdated, yeah. He needs to be reseated in the forward facing and profile angles of Eggman's contraptions. The backside angles should be possible to ignore, which saves a lot of time, and space in the final file.
If it's possible to give Blaze her own Nights slot through Lua, then yeah, all of her Nights sprites might be easier put inside the main file. The Sol Emeralds and Eggman Nega will remain in their own package, however. It's easier to do little bug fix updates between either without requiring everyone to also grab the whole package again.
I think that some of the back sprites have eggman's arms on them so I'll have to do them too. I think it's possible to set the nights sprites for different characters with lua but I don't know how that would look in multiplayer.

I'm loving the new Air Drill on Blaze.

It makes her a more platforming-centric character, who can bypass several obstacles with some clever moves. It's refreshing.

I mean, I like Metal Sonic's speed-to-win approach, as well as Jet's "pogo-stick" playstyle, sure. But that just makes Blaze's slightly more methodical approach much more fresh.

My only issue is that I keep thinking she has thok, and I Drill too early and die. XD

Actually, Luke, if you wanted Blaze to have Float and Air Drill it'd be totally possible. I was just working on a script that lets you change what your ability is depending on what button you're holding down.

That would be pretty handy, but I don't know when I'll get around to making the sprites for a proper Rocket Accel. The ability by itself doesn't look right to me without sprites to represent it.

I'm loving the new Air Drill on Blaze.

It makes her a more platforming-centric character, who can bypass several obstacles with some clever moves. It's refreshing.

I mean, I like Metal Sonic's speed-to-win approach, as well as Jet's "pogo-stick" playstyle, sure. But that just makes Blaze's slightly more methodical approach much more fresh.

I'm glad you feel that way about her using the Air Drill now! I feel like it's a more controllable, close-range double jump. It's pretty useful and I'm glad the devs thought of it.

That would be pretty handy, but I don't know when I'll get around to making the sprites for a proper Rocket Accel. The ability by itself doesn't look right to me without sprites to represent it.

I'm glad you feel that way about her using the Air Drill now! I feel like it's a more controllable, close-range double jump. It's pretty useful and I'm glad the devs thought of it.
Isn't the Air drill from srb2morphed?

Funny thing, I found while expirementing with the 2.1 Metal Sonic wad (Not Metal Anyone), I found with certain stats air drill can be slow rising, slow falling, but quick with sideways movement. Which, while cool, actually was not all-that-much better for platforming than it is now due to the constant quick sideways movement.

Yeah, all character abilities only work in eight directions, even with analog mode, so transitions between angles can be really drastic. It's better that it move too fast for you to change your mind, it was too wonky at lower actionspd values.

Because of the way the abilities work, I can't stand to use Knuckles' gliding because it's so twitchy, but Tails' flying is pretty tolerable, because it's a lot smoother in movement, at least, (The controls are still rigged in 8-directions.) and Sonic's thok just needs to shoot forward in whatever direction you're facing. I'm sure this probably wouldn't be too impossible to smooth over, if someone found the time to take a crack at it, but I have been pissed off by Doom's limitations a lot before.

Isn't the Air drill from srb2morphed?

I wouldn't really know, I never got the chance to try it during 2.0 days, mostly because of sound problems with WINE. (Which was a painfully easy fix I never realized until later.)

If I may offer up a suggestion, why not make it so Blaze_Alt's fur changes color, and not the dress? It would make player distinguishing much easier and probably look over-all nicer IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back