This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Made these cool loops in ZB. The editor isn't what I'm used to, but will definitely be helpful for making slope-based scenery.
TLtX9Zx.png

Last edited:
Slopes would be useful not just for Loops, but also for some small map details, or maybe even for Gameplay mechanics similar to Sonic 2's .

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 1,376
Woop, i seem to have found a bug, you can't keep your selection in 3D Mode, once you move your Mouse to another surface your Previous selectiong unselects itself (Not sure if it only happens for floors and ceilings) .

Are you sure that's a bug? You need to LEFT CLICK on something in 3D mode to select it; merely pointing the mouse at the surface without doing any action only allows you to edit that one thing.

Are you sure that's a bug? You need to LEFT CLICK on something in 3D mode to select it; merely pointing the mouse at the surface without doing any action only allows you to edit that one thing.
Pretty sure it is, i "Left Clicked" them but whenever i point the mouse on something else it deselects itself for no reason , It worked fine in the default GZDoomBuilder .

Last edited:
Go to the Editing tab in Tools -> Preferences and disable "Automatic clear selection in Visual Mode". I mistakenly set this to be enabled by default, but I will change it for the next release.

does it pulse with red or yellow? if it's yellow, it's not selected.

It's selected "Flashing red" although if i aim at something else it returns to it's first state "before selecting it" .

Go to the Editing tab in Tools -> Preferences and disable "Automatic clear selection in Visual Mode". I mistakenly set this to be enabled by default, but I will change it for the next release.

Oh, so that's it, thanks :) .

For what it's worth, both the "automatic clear selection" options were how it worked in the original Doom Builder and SRB2DB.

It appears that not only this setting was changed, any way to move the default settings of GZDB to the new Zone Builder ?

Last edited:
Coming from someone who has no experience map making whatsoever, this actually looks like it would be a bit easier to learn. So I might actually try making a map with this at some point.

Zone Builder v1.1 is out! Not a lot of new stuff, mainly bugfixes and small adjustments. See the first post for a changelog.

In the default GZDB Grid size automatically increases and decreases each time i Zoom In/Out, how do i enable it in the New Zone Builder ?

Click on the "Dynamic Grid size" icon at the top of the vieport. It is the second icon which can be toggled on and off to the right of the "Any action" dropdown.

Can anyone help me?

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Zone Builder: v1.1
********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
IndexOutOfRangeException while loading effect display2d.fx: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Initial message:
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.D3DShader.LoadEffect(String fxfile)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.Display2DShader..ctor(ShaderManager manager)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.ShaderManager.ReloadResource()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.ShaderManager..ctor(D3DDevice device)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.D3DDevice.Initialize()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.InitializeNewMap(MapOptions options)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.NewMap()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back