• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Music Remaster Project

Probably Floral Field, partly because I think it does its job really well of A) matching the stage gameplay, and B) setting up the melody for the rest of the stages to reference. Also, I feel like I'm at my best when I'm dictating the melody and chord progression, and I think the way I extended on the original tune was very effective and more graceful than most of my other remakes. Egg Satellite was similarly an ambitious remake, but I think in attempting to mesh everything into the stage's natural time limit, the tune's progression ends up stumbling on itself a little bit.

Sorry to bump, but has there been any major progress? Have the themes gotten a proper loop? Are there any new themes in general? I literally just downloaded all of the special stage songs to my phone, and was just wondering if anything has happened since March.

This entire music pack is just sex to my ears, the original songs have nothing over your rearrangements. I have way to many favorites to list here, but out of all of these, I AM GOD DAMN IN LOVE WITH YOUR SUPER SONIC THEME! (especially revision 4) I'm really anticipating the next release of this pack, keep up the great work!

Last edited:
This might have been asked before, but what music program do you use to make your music? I'm looking to make some music myself but can't seem to find a program worth... getting. None of the UIs look very good to me

Most of the really good music software is stuff you have to shell out cash for; I'm using Reason 4, and it's no different. Each interface is gonna have a learning curve to it, but Reason's worked pretty well for the stuff I try to do. I will say Logic seems like a good alternative if you're using a Mac.

Nev3r swore by a different program which I can't remember the name of, but if you see him on IRC or Steam or something maybe ask him what it was. I completely forget if you had to pay for it or not, though.

Most of the really good music software is stuff you have to shell out cash for; I'm using Reason 4, and it's no different. Each interface is gonna have a learning curve to it, but Reason's worked pretty well for the stuff I try to do. I will say Logic seems like a good alternative if you're using a Mac.

Nev3r swore by a different program which I can't remember the name of, but if you see him on IRC or Steam or something maybe ask him what it was. I completely forget if you had to pay for it or not, though.

I'm not too concerned with paying for the music program. Unlike most people I don't think I should get something that powerful just for free haha.

I'm just trying to find one with a... non confusing AI. I just got Game Maker Studio and while I haven't had a chance to fiddle with the program yet I know I need to have music to accompany the game. I'll have to check out Reason 4, though!

Also depends on the music you want to make though; if you're not concerned with having a "real" sound you can still make good tunes with trackers and midi software; might be a better starting point if you're doing all of the assets by yourself.

Dude, this sounds fantastic! I absolutely love the electric guitar and synth leads, they really give this old track a really nice and progressive sense of energy. While still having some nice and somewhat foreboding background instruments that really convey the feeling of uncertainty and being trapped in a cave. Also love those extra bits you added to the leading melody to fill in the blank parts of the song, it just makes the whole song flow a lot better and it really helped make this track sound a lot more fresh and wholesome!

Great work as always!

Really glad to see this thread getting some love again! ^_^

Wow, Doomship sounds like a song now. Love it. Also going to echo what people said about Mine Maze, it's delicious.

I'm afraid Doomship as a song is too weak to build upon and I've already heard a GFZ rendition I had stronger attachment to, but that Mine Maze is down-right impeccable. Utterly fantastic job there, you nailed it while also adding some classic funk and it's a good song to get you moving your body when you've been sitting still for way too long and aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

How did you make Mine Maze of all things slap??

I've said before, the Doomship composition should be redone since it sounds like some sort of "Dark Carnival" zone rather than a Floating air ship.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back