I can't save with my custom character O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade The Armadillo

Master of the Sword
Well, I finished the recolor, I made sure that I used the CORRECT pallet this time, and now whenever I use my Blade the Armadillo, it will not save my progress. This is unfortunate for me, because I've spent the past few days trying to recolor a Mighty instead of actually playing, and so I can't even get past Deep Sea 2. Did I do something wrong to prevent the game from saving?

"Something wrong?" "Something wrong?" No, you didn't do anything wrong...except load in a custom character and assume that the game would still save, record statistics, and unlock secrets despite that. The moment you add in a WAD file, the game stops doing any of those things until you reboot without any custom addons. It's a way of making sure that you can't cheat your way to the top with an overpowered character.

The only way I've ever managed to save with a custom character was in Acid Missile. Though I'm guessing it works if there's a wad with a diffrent Gamedata added.

Personally, I think saving should still be allowed with custom WADs, just acheivments will not be unlocked.

But yeah, you can't save with custom WADs.

What would be the point of saving with custom WADs? You can still cheat to get to any level whenever you want; just enable DEVMODE. That way, you can pick up wherever you left off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back