Help! My computer isn't recognizing my sound device!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaticAngel

Dutch word-doer
When I go on the internet to listen to music nothing appears and when I go to Sound Configuration it says ''No Audio device''.

Can someone help?

Last edited:
I hate having issues like this.
Did you try right clicking and enabling the audio device(if its off?)
Try redownloading drivers.
Go back to a save point where it did work.

What operating system are you using and what kind of sound card is this?

I'm using Windows XP and how do I know what sound card I'm using?

For some reason, the sound DOES work on my Emulators; but not anywhere else though.

Actually, the sound only doesn't work on Youtube but also not on sound players and the like. It does work on Flash games.

Also, the sound in SRB2 is also broken; there is music but it's VERY silent and some of the notes are really screwed. The SFX work fine though.

Anyone? C'mon, I don't want to use my PSP to listen to music I can easily listen to YouTube on anymore!

Last edited:
Sorry for the bump and double post but I really need help with this. I now remember how it started, I DL'd Google Chrome and when I switched back for a while to IE the sound suddenly was cut off. How in the freaking world can that be?

Is the sound turned up for the games/sites?

sound.png

Try using the SRB2 launcher and see if Midi music works.
?_?

Are you using headphones or speakers?
What is the company of your audio device?

Did you do this?

Did you try right clicking and enabling the audio device(if its off?)
Try redownloading drivers.
Go back to a save point where it did work.

Check your cords that hook your speakers up to your computer. Mine had problems similar to this and I just tried shoving each wire hooked up into my computer a bit harder. It worked for me.

Go to device manager
Go to sound
It'll show the name of the speakers(company)
Double click
It'll show a box, check to see it says "This device is working properly"
Look at the manufacture
Go to driver and either do these steps.
Update driver OR uninstall driver and reinstall it, OR rollback driver.

Lots of people here seem to be spreading misinformation.

The speakers and the sound card are two different things!

Look, guys. If he's having an issue with getting "no sound device" in programs, I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be unplugged speakers or misconfigured volume settings.

Also, I really wouldn't count on using XP's built-in mechanisms for updating drivers. If the problem has to do with drivers, then it's better to just visit the manufacturer's website and download them. For all we know though, it could be an application issue (I'm not one to trust either browser he just mentioned, but that's for another topic...)

Last edited:
Well, my speakers are properly plugged in; I even double checked to be sure.

My computer says all sound devices are working properly so yeah...

My apologies. I didn't read enough into this problem. FoxBlitzz covered it a bit more. I figured the "No Audio Device" was it not registering your speakers.

You know, LightspeedX, the information you're presenting is honestly rather confusing and self-conflicting.

when I go to Sound Configuration it says ''No Audio device''.

My computer says all sound devices are working properly so yeah...

How do you expect us to help you when you can't even stay consistent? Now you're making it seem like it really is a volume issue or something.

Actually, the sound only doesn't work on Youtube but also not on sound players and the like. It does work on Flash games.

Is this a double negative? I can't really tell whether sound players are working or not because you have worded it strangely. I don't see why a Flash game would have sound but not YouTube, since... they both use Flash.

Okay, to sum it up better; when I go to Audio configuration it says ''No Audio Device'' but when I look if anything is broken it says that everything's fine. (it says all devices work properly)

Here's a list where the sound works and where not:

Emulators: works
SRB2: I only get a very crackly music and have to turn up the volume to hear it. The SFX work fine though.
Internet: nope, not a chance.
Windows Media Player: Apparently, it works.

Oh, crap I'm getting confused...

Internet = Nope. But didn't you say flash games work? Which are ON the internet?
Do your speakers work on other computers? If it does, we can rule out the speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back