• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

*Beta* sc_SpecialStagesV2.wad (A Special Stage pack.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
Right, I have been working on some Special Stage Levels, and Depending on the color of the Emerald your going for, you will be in a Stage with some different layouts.

GREEN -> Grassland like, Area.
ORANGE -> Arid Canyon like Area.
PURPLE -> Sky Ruins like area.
BLUE -> Deep Sea like area.
RED -> Volcano Like area.
CYAN -> Ice area.
GREY -> ERZ like area, with some stuff put in. (Space countdown might be put in, not sure yet.)

For the Space Countdown, if the timer hits 0, you die, and you fail the Special Stage. Also falling into a pit you fail the stage, same goes with getting crushed.

The different thing about this is you DON'T get a Bonus Score with the Rings, as they will reset to 0.

---<Details>---
Special Stage 1
Rings : 390
Time : 320
Features : Nothing special, just some Flowers and Water.
2i7bvd3.png

2s0n6zs.png

-----
Special Stage 2
Rings : 550
Time : 415
Features : Rope hangs, like the ones in ACZ, Oil pools, which drain the Timer and Rings, and Quicksand.
6ss08y.png

bdqtmf.png

-----
Special Stage 3
Rings : 290
Time : 280
Features : Wind tunnels in areas, also Wind Sectors that go upwards.
2qs5vgz.png

1042auc.png

-----
Special Stage 4
Rings : ????
Time : ????
Features : Water, alot of it, over time it will drain, then fill back up. Extra time will be added for this due to Currents.
-----
Special Stage 5
Features : Lava, which hurts you for 10 Rings, waves, and polyobjects.
-----
Special Stage 6
Times : ????
Features : Ice water, will hurts you and Drains Rings, Slippery Ice and snow that slows you down.
-----
Special Stage 7
Features : Space countdown areas, there will be Air areas, 2D areas with some Zoomtubes, Wind areas, Rope, and Teleporters.
----------
*Questions*
Q : Why are there Emblems in the Special Stages?
A : Those count as points, or you can call them Time Wasting.
---
Q : These Special Stages CANNOT be completed.
A : Then I wouldn't release them, I do test them to make sure that they can be completed with all characters, if I make a slight change to the level, or the Rings/Time, I retest the level to make sure its do-able.
---
Q : When will you fully release this?
A : Hmm... I don't know... maybe When it's done?
---
Q : Knux can't get pass some of the tunnels in Special Stage 3.
A : Yes, I know about this, unlike Sonic and Tails, Knux has a lower Jump, but you can still clear the pits in the tunnels, keep in mind that the walls in the pit are climbable, incase you miss the jump.
---
Q : Is Special Stage 7 going to have 9999 Rings?
A : It was a joke... 9999 Rings is way too much to get, unless I put the Rings everywhere, but that would cause lag in some places. I had to shorten Special Stage 2 because it kept lagging in some places.

Link (Beta 2)
Main -> http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/674sc_SpecialStageV2.wad
Sub 1 -> http://www.sendspace.com/file/3x78t8

Last edited:
How should I describe them... oh yeah, IMPOSSIBLE. Seriously, these Special Stages are the most unfair ones I've ever played, I mean, the stages are big and the amount of rings needed makes it really, really hard. Sure, the Special Stages by theme are quite nice but, maybe you should add more rings or close the rings more up to eachother, I think that will do the trick.

The Special Stages here aren't impossible. Perhaps I'll add 50 or more seconds to some.

Oh, and some of the other Special Stages will have less Rings needed.

Also:

-----
Special Stage 7
Rings : 9999
Time : 100
Features : Space countdown areas, there will be Air areas, 2D areas with some Zoomtubes, Wind areas, Rope, and Teleporters.
----------

You CAN'T be serious... 9999 rings and only 100 seconds?!
It maybe the last Special Stage, but that doesn't mean it has to be THAT hard. Sorry SonicX8000, but you just aren't as good with levels as with graphics. For now at least...

Heh... forgot to change that. (Was going to leave it up for 1 day, then change it.)

That was a joke, 9999 rings is way to much anyway.

Make a Blank Sector outside the level, and give it the sector type *Special Stage perimeters.*

Ceiling HT > Rings needed.

Floor HT > Time Limit.

Without it, you'll have 1 Ring needed, and a Time of 90.

Beta 2 is going to be released soon.

(Change Log.)
* Added 20 more seconds to the First Stage.
* Added 15 more seconds to the Second Stage.
* Stage 3 is ready.

EDIT : Links updated.

Last edited:
Once again, SonicX8000 has shown us cool stuff.

Good Work SonicX8000. I hope i can play this really soon.

I like this a lot, Sonicx8000; huge special stage fan here. The challenge keeps me coming back to try again. I hope you continue and eventually complete this pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back