• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Riders 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

jEDRM7i.png

Not much more can be said by the thread topic alone. SRB2 Riders is being ported to 2.1, but in a more simplistic way. This version of SRB2 Riders requires no EXE, which means all of this works straight through Vanilla SRB2.

Unlike the Original, and because of actual development, there will be no kart mode for this. Instead, there are 2 types of levels: Rider and Foot-racing. If the stage is a Rider/Kart stage, the characters will ride on their hoverboards, if anything else, it will be a regular Foot-racing stage.

M1tCnW0.gif

Here's how the controls will work for the Riders:

When you start moving fast, your board speed will be locked once you're on your board, you cannot go backwards or slow down, unless you've been hit, stopped yourself on a wall, or etc.

Jump - Jump
Spin - Nothing
Custom 1 - Boost
Strafe - Drifting

iwtQF5m.gif

For drifting, while its really hard to replicate both Sonic Riders and SRB2 Riders, something that worked was used. Despite overall turning being more powerful, you can drift by holding the strafe keys around a corner and releasing them at the end will give you a momentary boost faster than your actual board speed.

There are shields in this mod as well, but more than one, they will only last 10 seconds:

Attraction Shield: Attracts rings

Whirlwind Shield: Allows extra jump and restores air every half a second (also does the same in zoom tubes)

Pity Shield (Not implemented yet): Protects the player from damage

Invincibility: Surrounds the player in an orb and increases the board speed (like Mario Kart)

This mod is actually a Delta, as there are still some features I feel need to be in before making it an official release, like a working launcher made specifically for this mod.

Let's cut the chase already.

You are free to try this out for yourself, I recommend you use the .bat file provided, as everything needs to be launched together at the same time.

Credits to:
MotdSpork(Character lua)
Lat'(Air meter)
HitCoder(HitKid61)(PhysAttk modified for this mod)
Tamkis(Assistance with his RACE_HUD.wad)
Somel(Character Startup sounds)
Super Chris(If he's anywhere on the MB)(Provided levels)
Chaos Zero 64(Permission, original sprites, assets)

EDIT: FAQ (Future Asked Questions)

Q: Where are the Fly Hoops?

A: These we're removed mostly because the gimmick itself isn't easy to replicate.

Q: Where are the trick ramps?

A: Removed for the same reason as before.

Q: How come everyone can grind on the grind rails?

A: The grind rails are now speed pads, since the original grind rails can't really be brought back

Q: Will kart mode be in any time soon?

A: No. Kart Krew will be making their version, and it will be much better than what I have.

Q: Ew, why Omochao?

A: I thought about the original Riders and how the announcer, who was Omochao was constantly talking during the race. He's not verbally speaking in this one, but he'd be a way to announce the racer's status.

Moderator Notice:
Do not use Editing as a way of avoiding the Releases System. Attachment removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Since some people seem to be confused as to why I've snipped out the attachment and slapped an infraction on the OP, here's why: "Delta" here is really just another word for "it's practically releasable but I just want an excuse to post a preview here". I know this may sound harsh, but this really is complete enough for a proper release in Submissions.

As a final note, I'm re-posting this announcement here since I don't think people remember it exists: https://mb.srb2.org/announcement.php?f=54&a=30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back