SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 08-18-2009   #21
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

The only Sonic Game I really Dislike at all, is Sonic 06. I only bothered to buy Team attack Amigo because I wanted more Blaze levels.

Withe Sonic Unleashed 360 I bought All the Level Packs because of how good the game was without them and wanted more.
Old 08-18-2009   #22
JEV3
There and back again~
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboi View Post
Because I'm sure dozens and dozens of PROFESSIONAL critics are making the same valid points about the flaws of Sonic games to look cool.
Critics judge a game's quality and give their personal experience with it, but they cannot say whether or not you will enjoy the game. I've enjoyed plenty of bad games and hated plenty of good games.

Additionally, most of the critics I've seen give their impressions as a gamer, putting them on the same level as any one of us (except with the experience to give it a score), so they are every bit as capable of ranting over what they hate about the series while judging the game as the rest of the fanbase. (and from a cynical business perspective, this draws attention, making it even more effective for drawing the public... from that viewpoint, they're doing their job well if they incite drama)

This doesn't mean you should ignore their reviews, but it does mean that the player can disagree with their analysis, or enjoy a game in their own way in spite of their review. If you make a big deal out of it, you are only adding yet more fuel to an already unstable situation. As with anything else, you don't have to like it, you just have to deal with it.

~The Greatest Adventure: Ballad of the Hobbit
JEV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #23
Sonnarkku
Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE4oEEeZJa0 I doubt it, JEV3, what you said might be right, but not for ALL reviews, this guy in my link said ¨Do not buy this game unless you´re a diehard hardcore Sonic fan¨ not taking in count that he lied about certain things in the game (wich were the only bad thing he could say) and he only said positive things during 4/5 of his review, I highly doubt every reviewer is capacited for doing their job.
Old 08-19-2009   #24
Bigboi

You take Sonic way too seriously, Sonnarkku. You're jumping on pretty much anyone who says anything bad about a game you like. If you like the game, play and and enjoy it. Don't yell at everyone who says a bad thing about it. I mean, defending it does nothing, really.
Bigboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #25
TrueTenguMan
Been working. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnarkku View Post
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE4oEEeZJa0 I doubt it, JEV3, what you said might be right, but not for ALL reviews, this guy in my link said ¨Do not buy this game unless you´re a diehard hardcore Sonic fan¨ not taking in count that he lied about certain things in the game (wich were the only bad thing he could say) and he only said positive things during 4/5 of his review, I highly doubt every reviewer is capacited for doing their job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jev3
This doesn't mean you should ignore their reviews, but it does mean that the player can disagree with their analysis, or enjoy a game in their own way in spite of their review. If you make a big deal out of it, you are only adding yet more fuel to an already unstable situation. As with anything else, you don't have to like it, you just have to deal with it.
A full analysis is not always 100%. In many cases, even good accurate reviews tend to leave out other things. In any case, not everyone is a good rater.
Originally Posted by Scizor300
2.1 will be released when Mystic's beard grows back.
TrueTenguMan is offline   Reply With Quote