A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that Sonic needs a touch up or I should say a touch down. Get it like in football. I think Sonic the Hedgehog sprite needs an original upgrade.
Sonic's Sprite's problems:
The shoes are supposed to have a belt!
His shoes are more round than that!
His color is in-fact too dark!
His height is a bit taller than that of the sprite!
Tails' Sprite's problems:
The eye shape; It's just too sharp!
The two tails are supposed to be a bit fluffier looking than that!
Tails' gloves have either shading errors or black spots on the top of the wrap-up!
Knux'ses Sprite'seses problemses:
The hair, it's too wonky!
He looks too mad!
There's no front sprite for him climbing!

@SChase & Choalover
Sonic's new sprites have already been made for 2.2, so there's no point in ranting about his errors and such in the sprite-work. As for Tails & Knuckles, I'm sure those errors will be fixed too in due time.

EDIT:(But most likely most of them, as some could be what it's supposed to look like.)

No, It takes years to release each Major version (As usual), Like for Instance SRB2 2.1 Announcement was first made back in 2012 however it was released back in 2014 .
Well, I only know 1 wad that might change Sonic's sprites in 2.2 and that wad name is fuck.wad.

None of you can lie and say that 'fuck.wad' didn't at least elicit a smirk out of you.

Sonic's Sprite's problems:
The shoes are supposed to have a belt!
His color is in-fact too dark!
Knux'ses Sprite'seses problemses:
The hair, it's too wonky!
They aren't supposed to have a belt, he doesn't get that until dreamcast era.
His color is fine.
Knuckles' hair is supposed to look like that.

Not going to answer for tails because its obvious he needs a remake.

Also, that would be pointless if he got modern-blue colored, isn't that what color palettes WADs are for?

Last edited:
Fuck.wad isn't the whole picture. It's art assets taken from screenshots and put together badly, and it's honestly not worth talking about.

Lets hope it gets out soon i love this game but deep sea zone was the bane of my friends existance in this game glad you're fixing it

TLtX9Zx.png

It's happening

Are those... Loops? In srb2? :O

Oh boy, the floodgates have certainly opened now. The train has finally took off, and there is no breaks. Seventh, prepare for the storm you have just unleashed.
Although we certainly have a long ways to go, and the loops probably don't even function like most people would imagine, it doesn't matter now. It has begun...

Disclaimer: The train has probably long since taken off due to the sheer idea of slopes, but this will most certainly fuel it.

Last edited:
I see your loops and raise you a "do they actually work?"

EDIT: Oh wow, I should have read the whole thread before replying. Anyway, do they work in 3D or are they a 2D-only thing like I'm suspecting it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back