Fixed Springs that give Spinning state sometimes "misfire"

Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
After playing with Crawla Honcho, I realize my rocket jump SOC doesent seem to shoot me as high as it should sometimes. After trying to find the issue, I couldn't think of anything... then I realized because it made the character go intot heir springstate, it would occasionally "misfire" and not go as high.

<RedEnchilada> D00D: malfunctions with the jump-release mechanic
<D00D64-X> so... is there anything I can do?
<RedEnchilada> idk

I also had the same thing happen in one of my earlier projects, where a spring you would need to use to both gain height AND use your custom ability would also misfire occasionally, sending me to my death. If you wish to see the bug in action, please see my Crawla Honcho character wad in releases; excessive rocket jumping may not trigger it, but just normally playing and rocket jumping at a more normal pace will eventually show the error.

EDIT: Ok, I think I figured out a trigger...
1: Jump to something.
2: Hold jump the entire time, even as you land.
3: Let go.
4: Hit the spring (or in Crawla Honcho's case, spin)

You'll notice your spring airtime is gimped. This is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, and must be fixed. While the "easy" solution is to just hold jump or rejump, no average player would know this, and its annoying to do that every time you want to hit a spring that spins you, or even worse if its part of a char ability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back