• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Voin's Obligatory Mapping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamevoin

I am the slow.
Hello, everyone! You might have seen me on the IRC. I'm pretty new here, and after browsing without posts for a while I decided to make a simple one-zone wad as my first map. I was working for a few days, and right now I finished the first act and a first-act boss.

I decided to get a thread going like everyone else does so I can show off some screenshots looking for criticism, mainly I am worried about the detail, I'm not sure if these areas look pleasant enough compared to all those other wads, so if you have any tips in regards to that, please feel free to tell them.

I'm trying to incorporate extra elements so I can familiarize with them early on, so there's some 2D sections, SOC coding, and cutscenes.

Anyway, here they are, some areas from the first act.
g5uDbpt.png
91zIMSC.png
g5uDbpt

oiQRDh6.png

ArUSP9Q.png

HlBoS72.png

KNahdlP.png

p08cxsw.png

HMvNepv.png

Any criticism is welcome.

Wow, for the look of the picture i think this level has a potential on it. To be honest, i have concern 5th picture, the platform space looks small and the last picture, looks like is kinda hard to pass those spikes in small spaces. I hope you can make it a little bit easier but overall look great!

I'm more comfortable after my experience with Act 1, so Act 2 is coming along much smoother. Here are some pictures from the fire-based alternate path in it.

4qDpnEK.png

NSZvtQN.png

zeopBC7.png

Here's more screenshots from a few extra areas across Act 2, though now I could use some advice - while the more natural-ish areas were easier to map, I'm having trouble decorating the tech base-ish bits outside of those super specialized rooms like in the screenshot. How do I make the more generic rooms look interesting?

9ZQry9B.png

M2X0OmS.png

fKyWhir.png

cJ63WTM.png

lOvN8Eq.png

qcnuhhl.png

I am glad to say that I consider this to be nearly done now, I only have the final boss left to be done, (alongside his music and a cutscene) so have more screenshots at you.

SPFHuj1.png

uU3ch1j.png

ryWnIYw.png

IoPrsRd.png

SVDkpGH.png

6Snrw3e.png

59bck0I.png

jZbfzmJ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back