• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Nejito New Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon

Now I have been drawing out this character for a whole day. So I decided to make some frames. Here please let me know what you think?
nejito.jpg

You know, I am so getting an infraction for this, but I'm just gonna be blunt.

It looks like shit.

The size is completely out of proportion compaired to everything else (hires shrinking or no), it looks nothing like SRB2's style, the side sprites look COMPLETELY different from the front one, and it looks like you tried to draw it with your eyes closed and MSPaint open. It's ugly and I doubt anyone else would ever play it.

It looks like shit.

The size is completely out of proportion compaired to everything else (hires shrinking or no), it looks nothing like SRB2's style, the side sprites look COMPLETELY different from the front one, and it looks like you tried to draw it with your eyes closed and MSPaint open. It's ugly and I doubt anyone else would ever play it.
Sadly, I agree.
Eh... I'd rather not say anything about this. I don't wanna be harsh and make anyone mad. :<

It looks like shit.

ya know what, I agree

dragon, ya should get based on some original SRB2 character for spriting reference, that would help ya alot with the size and angles

It looks like shit.

Sorry, but I agree too. Frames aren't something you can just slap together haphazardly. They have to be perfectly crafted, symmetrical, consistent, and well-shaded.

Look, if you're completely new to the community, and this is your first time creating addons for SRB2, starting with character WADs is a very bad idea. You're only going to embarrass yourself. You need an insane amount of skill, patience, and dedication to make a decent one, and it's clear that you have none of these, at least yet.

If you are going to stubbornly insist on making this character, then at the very least develop an appreciation for what you're doing. Examine the style and dimensions and quality of the best character WADs here. Try to replicate that kind of style. Don't just scribble a messy, oversized, tilted eyesore and call it a day. Even Anuban the Jackal looks better than this.

But honestly, I'd advise you to give up entirely on making characters. I think you'd be much better off trying to design a level instead of a character. They are much easier, they are simpler to get the hang of, and they are usually much more original and fun, too. Plus, it's generally much easier to go back and fix something wrong with a level than to fix something wrong with a character. Don't feel bad that you can't sprite; the majority of people on this message board can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back