• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Master Emerald Soc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shardvex

A declaration and a few questions: I have decided I want to work on a mod, that has the master emerald in the game. I have worked on wads before, but I'm kinda new to socs.

Question 1: Is the master emerald possible with a soc?
Question 2: Is Hyper Sonic possible with a soc?
Question 3: If not, how would I make this?

nope.avi

No Master Emerald, no Super Emeralds, no Gameplay-Removing Sonic. Not SOCable.

Well, how would I do this then? Would I have to work with the srb2 source? Or is there another way?

Well, how would I do this then? Would I have to work with the srb2 source? Or is there another way?

You attempt to directly modify the source code of SRB2, then give up because you have no idea what the hell you're doing, and you broke super forms completely.

It's possible, but you can't just do it willy-nilly.

You attempt to directly modify the source code of SRB2, then give up because you have no idea what the hell you're doing, and you broke super forms completely.

It's possible, but you can't just do it willy-nilly.

First, I can work with the source. I have modified the srb2win.exe before to allow me to do some things that aren't in it.

But still, is everyone sure I can't do it with a wad or a soc? COMPLETELY?

Completely, totally, 1000490349%, undeniably sure.
Want Hyper Sonic, go play 1.09.4''s GFZ2. All there is to it.

ulrich there is no Hyper Sonic...
Elbo just used 1.09/2.0 in order to make that video...

Guys, his MOD has it, He doesn't wanna play it.
Anyways, You could modify the Armageddon shield to work with a thok and code it into Super Sonic, Make a New Special Stage, Soc the emerald, tada.

Yes, you can make an hyper sonic, just take the super sonic sprites and make the emeralds around him, then make the wad with the action A_EXPLODE. DONE! you have an Hyper Sonic!

Thanks soooo much PHCC! I'm gonna start working on it.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

According to Eblo's youtube channel, the master emerald is still in srb2.

Quote from his channel:
First, it seems you must have all emblems, beaten NAGZ on ultimate as Sonic, and talked to RedXVI after beating NAGZ on ultimate. That way, you have the highest grade in SRB2. After completing that, go through single player as Sonic, getting emerald tokens and beating all special stages on your first try. If successful, you'll end up at Special Stage 8 rather than the next SP stage. You MUST beat it on your first try, or else SP mode will continue and you must start over to get there again. Yes, it is very frustrating. However, the prize, the Black Emerald that everyone thought was lost, is worth it!

So, anyone remember the old smsfun.wad for 1.09? You could get the master emerald without breaking your back winning ultimate. Is there a way for me to make getting the master emerald easier, just like sms did?

First, it seems you must have all emblems, beaten NAGZ on ultimate as Sonic, and talked to RedXVI after beating NAGZ on ultimate. That way, you have the highest grade in SRB2. After completing that, go through single player as Sonic, getting emerald tokens and beating all special stages on your first try. If successful, you'll end up at Special Stage 8 rather than the next SP stage. You MUST beat it on your first try, or else SP mode will continue and you must start over to get there again. Yes, it is very frustrating. However, the prize, the Black Emerald that everyone thought was lost, is worth it!
Yea, that looks "right" ,but he forgot about the part if you do all that in 25 mins and press Up, Up, Down, Down, Right, Left, Right, Left, jump, spin, while transforming. you will chaos control to the long lost Vibrant Vendetta Zone! (Which you can then get to anytime by pressing the ultimate cheat)

*cough* Not real! *cough*

While I haven't tested it, if this was true it wouldn't be a rumor.
Trust me Srb2 secrets don't last long.(Or do they?)

The devs already said that the black emerald and hyper sonic was 1.09 only. If I recall I think I remember one of the devs saying "Hyper sonic was created, because the thought of an Armageddon-thok amused us."

I don't think there is any ultimate mode anymore o-o;

Type "ultimate" in the console in one go (a.k.a no backspacing) and without the quotes.

Good luck on the soc!

Hyper Sonic and Master Emerald

Thanks guys. I will begin a wad to bring back Hyper Sonic, and the master emerald if I can. No more questions! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back