Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need some larger versions of those textures, especially in that first screenshot. If I remember correctly, there was a Mario map entered a while back with some. You should ask if you could use them.

Well I do have a coop level I been making over the past month or so.
It's a single player level, not a coop level. "Coop" and "single player" aren't interchangeable terms. [/petpeeve]

You need some larger versions of those textures, especially in that first screenshot. If I remember correctly, there was a Mario map entered a while back with some. You should ask if you could use them.
I agree. The level in question is Pipe Towers Zone by Fawfulfan, but I really don't think you need to ask for permission to use resized versions of textures that are already in SRB2. The effort put into making those resized versions wasn't creative, it's a purely technical image editor job that can easily be recreated.

I wouldn't say seaside sunset (there's a mountain there, which makes me think more of a mountain forest/lake sunset), but the fact that I don't see any clouds for that rain to be falling from is a bit off-putting. But then, maybe there is and I just can't see it due to the angle of the shot...?

My map is definitely going to make it in.

jFU2a.png

I don't expect it to gobble up the competition like Pacman, but I'm pretty confident it will at least be a decent improvement over my previous match map Zoom Ship, and that's what I'm aiming for.

I kinda can't wait to play that level of yours Katmint. I've not seen a good desert level in a long time as well. So this be something I might enjoy depending theres if there is space to thok in places as well. And sections that is only for tails and knuckles and what not.

Well I'm certainly not entering this one either. It might have worked better if the date was around next week since my Spring Break starts this Saturday, then I may have finished the map on time. Oh well I guess I'll wait for the next one...in April..or maybe I'll just enter the June one.

Since Mystic has revealed on IRC that there are only two entries as of now, I'd like to ask something of everybody: Please, don't make rush jobs just to get more entries in. If you already have an entry in the works and think you can submit it in time, then by all means do so. But if you create rush jobs just for the purpose of having more maps or to grab an easy win, the contest is bound to be awful. I think it's more beneficial to everybody if we just call off this contest so we can vote on a high-quality four-month contest in May.

That is, of course, unless today brings a substantial amount of (serious) entries so we can hold it after all.

And by the way, if you do have an entry you'd like to submit, and if the OLDC will go planned as ahead, we have around 7 hours left until the deadline from now.

Well, I can guarantee that a CTF collaboration between me and KO.T.E is going to be part of this contest. Unless it is canceled, of course! (and with that I mean the contest)

EDIT: aaaaaaaaaaaaand it is done and submitted!

Last edited:
Wow, a new contest already? Time sure flies when you're taking a break from SRB2!

Assuming enough people submit stuff for this contest to go ahead, I'm still gonna participate in the voting as usual though.

Well, Eggmansion Zone act 2 has been sent in, along with a match level I made in under 2 hours, AND a CTF collab with Sphere.

Good luck to all you other guys!

It looks damn good. I recommend if you want the name, Underwater Eggship or Underwater Fabric Zone.

Anyway the level is lokking good. Keep up with that.

28by4nm.jpg

This is an unnamed SP level I began making back in March. It's still an early WIP, but I'm definitely going to finish it... sooner or later.

That looks pretty darn great! Can't wait for it to be entered into the OLDC. It'll be some fun.

I may actually enter the CTF division for the upcoming OLDC. So far I have made some nice progress with level layout and the level's name is Azure Acropolis. Hopefully if school doesn't interfere too much within the next few weeks I'll be able to submit it. I'll post pictures later when homework isn't too bothersome.

I, too, have a CTF map in the works... Mine's name is Silver Jungle. Can't show you any screenshots of it right now (just started on it tonight), but I do have some great ideas for it.

EDIT: Just renamed it Silver Cliff.

Last edited:
Ummmm, wow. there are NO submissions yet, and the deadline is VERY soon!

Ayep. Interest in the contest seems to be at an all time low as of late. Between the start of the kart contest, busying lives, and the general sense of growing boredom with SRB2, it's losing almost all it's activity. I'm sure this will pick up once 2.1 is released and people have that "fresh slate" feel.

Not quite sure what everyone elses situation is, but I am still designing levels, albeit a slow process for me, especially when they're large scale single player ones. The thing is, none of my levels will be released in here, because they use Community Build quite exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back