Fixed Egg Guards are Crusher-proof!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Iestyn

Fangtastic
And to think Egg Guards's Shields being resistant to everything from Fire Trails to Armageddon Shield Blasts was bad enough, now I've discovered this...

srb20167.png

Seems Egg Guards are pretty much resistant to everything including the kitchen sink then. =V

Test Wad: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25409000/EggGuardvsCrusher.wad

Last edited:
Guess Eggman was thinking for once after all. I do wonder if they may also be resistant to anything else. Wouldn't hurt experimenting.

They don't have the MF_ENEMY flag, so they should be immune to everything, at least as long as they have their shield.

They don't have the MF_ENEMY flag, so they should be immune to everything, at least as long as they have their shield.

I'm pretty sure it's that they don't have MF_SHOOTABLE, but the effect is the same. As long as they have their shield, they can't be destroyed.

I do wonder if they may also be resistant to anything else.
Death pits, and the destroy all enemies cheat. You literally cannot hurt them with anything except a hit to the back.

(By the way, I totally bet Brak is also immune to crushers)

Any enemy with an attack capable of throwing themself in a death pit will get killed by death pits, with varying amounts of glitchiness. Egg Guards aren't one of them anyway since they can only fall in with help from a collapsing platform or something like that.

Katmint said:
You literally cannot hurt them with anything except a hit to the back.
Are you taking into account that Knuckles is capable of removing their shields? Sonic in some instances as well.

...It's still a hit to the back. The collision is just buggy and tends to let you clip through the shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back