The devs make me so MAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzzo

It's Mr. Computer!
*Note: This was an April Fool's post. Please don't take it seriously.

Alright, here's the deal. I've been a member of the dev team for a good while now. To tell you the truth, I've actually been silent over there as of late. I've expressed my discontent over the SRB2 project several times, but that's not what's important. I'll tell you what's important.

You see, the devs have been discussing some dramatic and sweeping changes behind the iron curtain they call the dev channel. If you thought SRB2 was about staying true to the classics, you thought wrong. You see, they are planning on introducing a change so controversial that it would likely shatter any hope that this project would ever become something worthy of great respect.

It's all in the character design. They want to alter Sonic. Make his eyes GREEN.

I know what you're thinking. You're probably just as shocked as I was when I first discovered this. I felt I had no choice but to inform the players of SRB2 before it was too late, before the community would explode and be left in shambles.

Want proof? I have proof:
srb2devprivatebuild0000.png

IRC logs:

[13:10:37] <Spazzo> Huh? I updated my copy today and... green eyes?
[13:12:13] <Sonict> Man, that is pretty weird.
[13:12:19] <Sonict> I'll have to ask Mystic next time he comes in.

[21:40:25] <Rob> ...The hell is this?
[21:40:35] <Rob> Green eyes? This is utterly retarded.
[21:47:14] <Mystic> We've discussed this many times before. We're not budging on the matter.
[21:47:25] <Mystic> You know just as well as I do that SRB2 has long needed an overhaul such as this one.
[21:47:32] <Mystic> Our userbase _hates_ change, even if it's for the better.
[21:47:37] <Mystic> Remember the board upgrade? ^_~
[21:51:56] <Alam_Squeeze> DOOM! KEEN! GREEN!

This is starting to annoy me to no end. I can't believe that the dev team for a fangame like this one would completely sell out to the recent trends in video games. I mean, God! Everyone has freaking colored eyes now! They made Yoshi's eyes bluish-purple! Why?! It doesn't even make sense, and it makes the characters look horrible now! I thought the devs had at least _some_ sensibility.

Well, that does it. I'm finally moving on. I don't care for you guys anymore because this incident was the last straw.

- A very-pissed-off Freakish Yoshi Fanboy,
FoxBlitzz

Last edited:
While I agree with Foxblitzz, I'm not about to quit over it. Still, this is a completely stupid move.
This is supposed to be classic Sonic. Green eyes is ridiculous to no end. We've been doing fine with the normal color, and it makes no sense to just up-and-out change the color to green. We may as well just start using Sonic Adventure style art too. :/

I especially like Alam_Squeeze's response. It's hilarious. Also, green eyes = end of the world.

I HAVE green eyes, so I declare this topic demeaning towards Green Eyed People!
specialed.png

Please don't hurt me D:

lol no, it's not.
But green eyes for sonic = srb2 theme snaps in two
Translation: Why the green eyes why?!

Green eyes? I thought we desided on GUMBALL EYES! D:

This is an outrage, I am going to quit and never return! Surely this will cause the devs to change their mind about making a slight, hardly noticeable edit.

The hell? I didn't even know about this, but God dammit, who the hell recoloured those eyes? It goes against everything we stand for!

This is such an April Fool's joke. I may rather the green eyes for Sonic, but it doesn't fit SRB2's style.

I mean, why would an administrator just have an outburst like this and releasing very confidential information on the upcoming SRB2 and still be admin when Cue, another admin, has also posted agreeing? Sorry, but this is just wrong to me. What kind of April Fool's is this?

This is such an April Fool's joke. I may rather the green eyes for Sonic, but it doesn't fit SRB2's style.

I mean, why would an administrator just have an outburst like this and releasing very confidential information on the upcoming SRB2 and still be admin when Cue, another admin, has also posted agreeing? Sorry, but this is just wrong to me. What kind of April Fool's is this?

Dude... you just ruined the topic... D:

Anyways.... i wil delete srb2 nao cuz therez green eyess!!!!1!!!

*Deletes*

Everyone will ignore my post anyway so continue on. It was bad to even THINK of it.

Everyone will ignore my post anyway so continue on. It was bad to even THINK of it.

Except for the people who wants to read everything (Fine, me). Okay, seriously? Green eyes? I don't really know what to say on that. Except for the life icon looks weird with those eyes.

This is an outrage!

My badniks are designed to detect and attack the many furry animals that assault my bases through a process of facial recognition scanning. By changing the color of their eyes, my robots will not be able to target Sonic, Tails, Knuckles or the many strange recolors that appear during what I hear as being "coop netgames".

Actually, on the topic of Tails and Knuckles. If their eyes have been changed as well, the entire plan has been ruined and the Eggrock is a sitting duck, waiting to be invaded. While most of you are complaining on the basis of a visual overhaul, I have a legitimate complaint about the practicality of the new design. This change must be reverted to normal, lest my entire doomsday plan will be ruined.

Sonic Team Junior. I am disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back