Most bizarrely-named Sonic zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's so much as the Zone names being odd as much as it's simply that people are thinking too literally.

Perhaps you missed my point in the fact that it isn't the "top" of anything. It's the side of it. Regardless of how you perceive them as hill or mountains, basically the entire level is the side of the "hill" rather than the top.
Except that hills can be linked together, with each one having its own individual top. If I remember correctly, at various points you end up in pretty high up places, and the only way to go is down.

BINGO Highway... The name itself isn't so bizzare, but the concept is. A highway with bingo chips on it? And bumpers? And pits?? And said highway leads to a... gargantuan pinball machine?!? Not exactly your average Sunday drive, is it?

Leave it to the inhabitants of Sonic's world to create totally infeasible transportation systems.

Gene Gadget is a little odd. Actually, if I remember right, when I first thought of that name, I wasn't thinking of like genes in DNA terminology, but a guy named Gene. Either way, I don't believe "gene" fits the level name. I don't remember any Flickies having their DNA be replicated or anything.

Gene Gadget is a little odd. Actually, if I remember right, when I first thought of that name, I wasn't thinking of like genes in DNA terminology, but a guy named Gene. Either way, I don't believe "gene" fits the level name. I don't remember any Flickies having their DNA be replicated or anything.
So? DNA isn't just for cloning.

He's got you there. You guys are either taking these names too literally or misunderstanding the meaning of them. There are some real wacky zone names in the Sonic series and you're all focusing on this nonsense. :/

Somewhat unrelated, but SRB2's Dark City Zone is the closest thing to Genocide City we will ever get =P
Crysis City doesn't count because it's on fire. (Or does it?)

Somewhat unrelated, but SRB2's Dark City Zone is the closest thing to Genocide City we will ever get =P
Crysis City doesn't count because it's on fire. (Or does it?)
If a city's on fire, unless it's a city full of pyro's, then yes the city is in crisis. Not CRYSIS, crisis.

Crysis is a shooter game from the future than got brought to our time by The Doctor.

What? I see THREE different kinds of green flowers in GFZ. Where have you been?
I don't see any green flowers either. There are blue flowers with yellow petals. There are some orange flowers, pink flowers and some white flowers on the grass. But other than the grass, the only green thing out there are some small bushes, some of them with red flowers, some without.

Manic said:
I see no green flowers in GFZ. :P
I don't see any green flowers either. There are blue flowers with yellow petals. There are some orange flowers, pink flowers and some white flowers on the grass. But other than the grass, the only green thing out there are some small bushes, some of them with red flowers, some without.
Are you people telling me you can't see this!?
2pocr4m.png

(The green was circled for emphasis.)

Those flowers are not green, only the stems are. It's Green Flower Zone, not Green Stem Zone.
You know absolutely nothing about flowers, do you?

FYI: On most flowers, it IS usually only the stem and leaves that are green.

You know absolutely nothing about flowers, do you?

FYI: On most flowers, it IS usually only the stem and leaves that are green.
Under your rationale, the name Green Flower Zone is really pointless - it could as well be named the Flower Zone, since all flowers are then green. Obviously for some of us, the fact that the leaves and stems are green is plain DUH, so we were expecting something more out of a zone named Green Flower Zone.

Under your rationale, the name Green Flower Zone is really pointless - it could as well be named the Flower Zone, since all flowers are then green. Obviously for some of us, the fact that the leaves and stems are green is plain DUH, so we were expecting something more out of a zone named Green Flower Zone.
Flower Zone just sounds boring. Green Flower Zone sounds more like a Sonic zone name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back