What's your experience with SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. How'd you learn about SRB2?
The Sonic FanGame HQ.
2.) What do you like most about the game?
Moddability and online play. Sadly, I can't play online. Damn Vista.
3.) Generally, what kind of friends/foes/acquaintances do you usually make in the SRB2 community?
Usually, I make friends/acquantainces (big word, eh?) by making decent WADs and generally acting intelligent on the MB. I make enemies by pushing HDIJ too far. '-_-
4.) What is your opinion of the SRB2 community? What do you like most about it, and what bothers you the worst?
I like the sense of humor everybody has, and that its rules make sense. General n00bs bother me, what with their "how do i fidn mystcrelm hlep plz" and their "hey luk i mad a recolor" I don't really get annoyed; in fact, seeing these posts makes me breathe better. I just don't like the thought of what it would be like if I were unable to think. Another thing that bugs me is people who just <u>almost</u> flame, but not really. Then they can't get cracked down upon. Another thing that bothers me is when the mods get lock-happy. Quite unsettling.

Blue Warrior said:
1. How'd you learn about SRB2?
Random SRB2 youtube video.

Blue Warrior said:
2. What do you like most about the game?
Replayability, moddability. Also netgame compatability.

Blue Warrior said:
3. Generally, what kind of friends/foes/acquaintances do you usually make in the SRB2 community?
Mostly friends, some of them are close friends, although I have my beef against some people, like Bloodz the Demonwolf. I know of a few acquaintances, like HyperSon, who I've just barely (and somewhat recently) met on netgames. Saw him on the MB, then Brennen told me about him in netgames. And then his server pops up on the MS Launcher.

Blue Warrior said:
4. What is your opinion of the SRB2 community? What do you like most about it, and what bothers you the worst?
They tend to be friendly, and helpful every now and then. What I like most about it is the mods, and most of the people who appear in netgames.

Fast edit: Small fix involving quote tags.

Long ago, watching random Sonic fanmade videos I saw a video called ¨Twillight VS Hell¨, I clicked it and I saw some letters that made the word SRB2, I typed it on youtube, and here I am (That was at the beggining of 2006, I joined the Forums much later.

What I like most of it, is the fact it can be modified so much and the online playability, also the multiple gametypes and styles, plus that this game really requires true experience to win at racing.

My friends are usually people who are mostly experienced at the game or that can talk without using random expressions and random raging, the 85% of my friends on SRB2 are close friends, the other percentage are simply friends (I have like 14 friends) I always like not to call users NOOBZ for offence or rage with them, so technichally i´m a pacifist user in co-op... In race... I´m another person.

Basically as shado said, the sence of humor of people and mostly disposed to help otherones, I also like the easy that it is to chat in the game, that is very helpful, but what I most like is talking with people from different countries and make friends, but what really annoys me is people who says, ¨HEYZ, I PLAYED DIZ CHIT FUR 19 JEARZ, I AMA MASTAR¨ amazingly those people doesnt even know what console is, but I understand how they feel... Sorta... Anyways, SRB2 changed alot during those almost 3 years I played it, always getting into new releases and more fun, but the thing we cannot stop is the fact of meeting new people, and so will it be until SRB2 ends = NEVER!

I searched on Youtube for "Rickrolling Wal-Mart" and after hours of related videos I found *drumroll* SRB2 ADVENTURE!!!! (and then I found
hms123311)

It's fun.

I dunno.

It's awesome.

Here are my answers:

1. I learned about SRB2 by accident. I was searching for a site that would have Mario games available for download, and I found Caiman. The Mario games were pretty good, but I couldn't help but notice a certain awesome-looking 3D Sonic fangame...
2. Definitely the ability to make your own levels and characters. If SRB2 just had the levels that came with the game, I'd have been fascinated by it for maybe a few weeks, but would have more or less moved on with my life after that. But since it's got the kind of editability it has, I've been a major fan of SRB2 for perhaps half a year and counting.
3. That's hard to say for sure, but I certainly feel like I meet more people that I like than people I don't like. In fact, I only dislike a few people who are utter n00bs.
4. My opinion of the SRB2 community? Dorky as this may sound, it's like another family to me. I just wish it was a bit bigger, so we'd have more levels and characters getting released.

Learned about it on garrysmod forums.

Looked kickass, got it a year ago and yeah. I await the final version, course that's like waiting for 2012, will it happen? Who knows :P

1. I don't remember...
2. Modifications, Multiplayer...
3. Friends, for 2 minutes. Later, foes for eternity...
4. Too suspiciable! Put a topic? Week later becames locked. I only ask about a Superform? GRAARG (response I recieve). I'm too disappointed with community.

JigglyWiggly said:
Learned about it on garrysmod forums.

Looked kickass, got it a year ago and yeah. I await the final version, course that's like waiting for 2012, will it happen? Who knows :P

They've announced more or less when it's coming out, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back