SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCFreak said:
Oogaland, I have a suggestion for r22. If a terrible crash happens or the computer restarts, can you have DoomBuilder keep a backup of the lost work and open it again once DoomBuilder is touched again? I once lost a pile of work and I think this feature is a necessity.

If DB or the computer crashes, it won't have the necessary power to save. But if it can log fatal errors that close the program, opening the most recent backup/autosave of the most recent map and wad upon start up of DB should be possible.

GCFreak said:
Oogaland, I have a suggestion for r22. If a terrible crash happens or the computer restarts, can you have DoomBuilder keep a backup of the lost work and open it again once DoomBuilder is touched again? I once lost a pile of work and I think this feature is a necessity.
SRB2DB already has an autosave feature. It's not exactly as you describe, but it should do: Tools->Configuration->Editing->Autosave every n minutes. What it doesn't do is automatically recover after a crash; instead, it leaves autosave files lying about the place, which you can then open yourself. I believe that, when editing MAPnn in a file named filename.wad, the autosave file would be called filename.wad.autosave-MAPnn.

DB completely pukes when you try to paste a prefab in sectors mode.

EDIT: I also got it to crash while undoing out of an insert prefab command in linedefs mode, and again while undoing during a paste command in sectors mode, and yet AGAIN while pasting a large amount of sectors in sectors mode. All came with no error, just the "DB has encountered an error and needs to close" dialog. DB is really crashy today. :E

RE-EDIT: Yet another couple crashes, one brought by simply TRYING to paste in sectors mode and one while trying to finish drawing one in sectors mode. Sectors mode is totally broken. :\

RE-RE-EDIT: These crashes continue to get worse. I once tried to paste in sectors mode again, came up with the same crash. Except this time DB hanged there...I had to terminate the process entirely just to get it to disappear. Bleh. x_x

Another sector pasting bug but this one breask sidedef refrences instead.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/JJames/untitled1.png

Now then, let's say sectors 111, 112 and 113 were just pasted and 112 and 113 happened to overlap sector 110 during the pasting process. The bottommost sidedef on 112 would still have it's backside pointing to 110 even though it looks like it's supposed to point to 112. The same happens to 113 on it's topmost sidedef. I hope you know what's going on there.

An SRB2 Doombuilder suggestion

Hi, Oogaland

There should be a way to view all sector comments and have a way to find them in the "Find and Replace" dialog.

Also, there should be an easy hotkey so you can switch to a different map quickly.

That is all for now.

Sonict

P.S Could you update us on your status when the next build may come out and what bugs may be fixed. It has been a while.

Re: An SRB2 Doombuilder suggestion

Sonict said:
Hi, Oogaland

There should be a way to view all sector comments and have a way to find them in the "Find and Replace" dialog.

Also, there should be an easy hotkey so you can switch to a different map quickly.

That is all for now.

Sonict

P.S Could you update us on your status when the next build may come out and what bugs may be fixed. It has been a while.

It's only been a fortnight... :P In any case, you can keep an eye on what I'm working on at the tracker for the SRB2MODS SVN server.

Jurai_Madman said:
What textures and flats do I need? :? :?
I'm kind of second-guessing you a bit here, but I suspect what you need to do is set your IWAD as srb2.srb in Tools->Configuration->Files. Assuming, that is, that your problem is that there are no textures or flats in the selector dialogues.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Is there going to be a new srb2 builder revison soon ooga? i like new versions of things :3
Not in the immediate future: classes are starting again, for one thing. There will be more, but I'm not sure when it'll be. Keep an eye on the SVN server; I always commit at the end of the day whenever I've done any work on it. And you could monitor the tracker, too.

Help.png

This type stuff.

Just leave those blank, Jurai. If it gives you an error saying you have no IWAD set, just tel me, I'll guide you from there.

Can someone upload the most recent version of SRB2DB somewhere other than where Oogaland had it? That server's been down for quite some time now and I have no clue where else it would be.

r22

New build: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0569864/builder_srb2-r22.zip. Classes have been getting in the way of things, so despite the long intermission, not too much is new:

Code:
! Crash when pasting linedefs in sectors mode.
! Effects submenu wasn't disabled when it should've been.
+ Tag browser.
! Closing the script editor without making any changes reset the 'map changed'
  flag.
+ 'Find tag target' key. Default Ctrl+T. Does what it says.
+ Key can be set for Switch Map.

The tag browser was a request. It shows what tags are in use, and what sectors/linedefs use them. Double-click to select them. Right-click/properties opens the appropriate dialogue for them without actually selecting them.

The 'find tag target' key is a close cousin of the above. Select one or more sectors and press it, and any tagged linedefs will be selected. Also vice versa.

Please feel free to post bug reports and suggestions as always. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back