Super SRB2 Kart Z =NOT EXACTLY CANCELED=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just asking,it is possible to do bikes,like Mario Kart Wii?
As useless and ugly as they would be without ramps for tricks, turning frames, and no collision as an advantage because of their small size, sure! Feel free to sprite them, though I don't guarantee they will even be considered for the actual thing since it'll ultimately just be a total waste of space.

As useless and ugly as they would be without ramps for tricks, turning frames, and no collision as an advantage because of their small size, sure! Feel free to sprite them, though I don't guarantee they will even be considered for the actual thing since it'll ultimately just be a total waste of space.
I have to disagree with you to a certain extent. It would be nice to have bikes on here and just because there is no ramp tricks doesn't mean that bikes would be useless. Having no wheelie would make it useless because it usually makes the bike match the speed of the kart or a little faster.

The part I agree: Yes it would be a pain in the neck to sprite all of that. I'm no good at making sprites so I won't try.

I agree, fuck wheelies and short drifts

But feel free to model your own character in a bike anyway. They'll just have the mechanics of a kart.

What does ramps have to do with bikes? Bike are pretty much karts that is missing a drifting level and have wheelies.

Ramps seem like they could be a cool game mechanic, but bikes are pointless. They're overpowered with the wheelie and underpowered without it. Having different karts was hardly even considered, so why would we even need bikes?

The wheelie was not what made bikes overpowered. It was the sheer magnitude of how much better the tight turn drift bikes were, which were often given to the fastest bikes. They didn't NEED the second set of drift sparks. They cut the corners insanely sharp. the other kinds of bikes and all the karts stood no chance to the Flame Runner and Mach Bike, except maybe the Dolfin Dasher's complete lack of care for offroad.

As for ramps, those would require slopes. Either that, or really awful stairs. Let's stick with springs and the new bounce pads for now.

Let's just hope the ramps and the regular speed pads will actually be usable to people with mega mushrooms. That's a problem that I still don't think is fixed (I think. I hope it is by now, I haven't got the chance to check. If not...please).

The Riders jump pad is now unused as a primary effect. Any areas that had them in Riders maps now just have springs. If you want a sector that flings the player, you should use bounce pads (See: Rainbow Road GBA). As for speed pads, Mushroom Pads pretty much replace those at the moment, and it is doubtful Megashroom players would ever be fixed.

Ummm.....

Is it me, or does Silver sound like Waluigi?
(I'm also having trouble with adding the music to the game.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back