Video Files in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMBX2011

So, it will be possible to play video files in SRB2 for anybody making Mod for Cutscenes, Loading Screen, Level Complete, Continue Screen and something?

Last edited:
You can't

Doom engine doesn't support video files. But you can make your own cutscenes.

If you wanna make a custom Loading screen, Level Completion, Continue Screen and etc.
you might wanna learn how to make LUA.

Last edited:
^ Yeah but you have to keep in mind this is no longer simply a Doom engine ;) So anything is possible with enough work.

Uhh, this is totally the doom engine. We modded the ever living shit out of it, but there are still some hard limitations to it.

I Remember seeing something about exporting a set of frames from video clips and crafting a cutscene with ANIMDEF using thsoe and changing camera to face and look only at that Animation, It was a ZDoom thing, and it worked well for a TITLEMAP, As far as I can remember, it was used for the intro of a mod called Zion or something like that.

Last edited:
At the moment. No, there is no way to record videos in Vanilla srb2. But i know someone who has some sort of replay feature in his custom exe

Well I mean, there was that one time that CZ64 built in the Sonic Riders animated intro into SRB2Riders, but it added something close to a gigabyte to the filesize because there was no compression what-so-ever.

We're really not keen on going out of our way to build in a video codec into the game. If you really, deeply need to have a prerendered cutscene, you can just store all the frames as individual images and put them on-screen with Lua in sequence... but again, the filesize concerns will remain.

MK.exe. I'm not talking about recording .AVI Videos in SRB2. I'm talking about putting Video Files in SRB2. T_T

Well, that's not possible either.
You can make cutscenes and try to display image after image (probably?), but you can't play a video in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back