[NOW UPDATED!] Playable Crawla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sprites do not actually need to be green to change color ya know, you can just add "startcolor = *insert number that corresponds with the color that is supposed to change according to this image here*"

In this wad's case it should be 128(assuming you want the red to change) so just add "startcolor = 128" to the S_SKIN and it should change colors fine.

Hmmmm, that's a good idea; I'll get to work!

But what do I change to show which color I have to change to?

Last edited:
Hmmmm, that's a good idea; I'll get to work!

But what do I change to show which color I have to change to?

The "startcolor" variable in the S_SKIN, here's where it should be in yours, it's bolded
name = crawla
face = CFACE
facename = CNAME
ability = 4
normalspeed = 34
thrustfactor = 4
accelstart = 128
acceleration = 45
startcolor = 125
prefcolor = 6
jumpheight = 100
superanims = 0
actionspd = 25
mindash = 15
maxdash = 60

If you want Red to be the changing color you should replace 125 with 128. If you want a different color to change just refer to this image.

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/File:Palette.png

I think I have a good character selection pic to go along with the story I added.
It depicts crawla in his laser prison
cpic.png

Any progress on bullets yet? :D

And JCoke, SERIOUSLY get Gimp or something, it will help you a lot with making better pictures. The character select picture there is such a bad MSPaint job...

Any progress on bullets yet? :D

And JCoke, SERIOUSLY get Gimp or something, it will help you a lot with making better pictures. The character select picture there is such a bad MSPaint job...

I'm having some serious trouble getting bullets to work, I tried getting bullets to spawn from the front, but they were destroyed by crawla the second they spawn. I tried making an invisible object that spawns bullets from the sides by executing A_BossFireShot; but guess what? A FAILURE!
Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to do this, what I have so far:
Thing 318
MAPTHINGNUM = -1
SPAWNSTATE = 1792
SPAWNHEALTH = 1000
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 0
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 0
PAINCHANCE = 0
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 1641
DEATHSOUND = 33
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 3932160
RADIUS = 1048576
HEIGHT = 1572864
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 1
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 66064

Thing 319
MAPTHINGNUM = -1
SPAWNSTATE = 1793
SPAWNHEALTH = 999
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 8
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 0
PAINCHANCE = 0
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 0
DEATHSOUND = 0
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 8
RADIUS = 1048576
HEIGHT = 1572864
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 0
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 528

FRAME 1794
DURATION = 1
ACTION A_BossFireShot
VAR1 = 318
VAR2 = 3

FRAME 1795
DURATION = 1
ACTION A_BossFireShot
VAR1 = 318
VAR2 = 5

FRAME 1793
SPRITENUMBER = 244
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = 1
NEXT = 0
ACTION A_DualAction
VAR1 = 1794
VAR2 = 1795

FRAME 1792
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = 1
NEXT = 1792
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0
Thing 318 is the missile and thing 319 is the invisible object.

I could help you if I didn't suck at this, but anyway, I would ask someone who knows very well about this stuff if I were you.

Possibly Giving Up

Guys, I'm not sure if a spindash-produced missile spawn is possible. The spindash will spawn missiles, but they are destroyed the second the appear, and this action sometimes gives you an 'invalid sprite frame in mobj 1 has been detected and removed'. All other non-missile and non-scenery objects have trouble spawning from a spindash. I don't think missiles are gonna work out, but I'll attempt to change the spindash scenery, something different than the usually speed trail.

I'm sorry for saying I'd do something I can't. :(

Well great, someone has gone and build a crawla flag. Now all we need is a green snapper flag and we'll have a robotic version of Team Fortre-- Must. Stop. TF2 References.

Team Forte? Thought that was a Rockman reference. Anyway, this wad looks rather amusing. I'll give a full opinion when I unzip it & take Crawla into a couple of stages.

The Update is finally done! Whew! I ran into a lot of coding troubles, so it may be awhile before anymore progress will be made on a second update!

Awesome wad! I used the cheat that makes you taller or shorter and made him 4x his size. Then I said: "I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!".

Awesome wad! I used the cheat that makes you taller or shorter and made him 4x his size. Then I said: "I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!".
Intresting... real intresting... more like "King of the Crawlas" if you ask me, though.

I'm glad you liked it. You know, my main purpose in joining the mb was to publish something. Now that I've officially done that, I'm ecstatic!

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

For some reason the updated wad didn't load correctly, I'm reattaching it now.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

If you like it, favorite it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back