• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The best way to learn in SRB2 editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus8088

Overly sleepy
I'm no professional and i'm barely new, but from the time i've spent here
it's safe to say, the wiki isn't extremely simple to understand (Either that or your like me who understands less from reading and can't keep all that info together)

The wiki aside, the point is, if you're ready to learn anything about this, you shouldn't be booksmart, more importantly take a look at things, ask millions of questions, doesn't matter to who or where, if the slightest of doubt enters you, go out of your way to find those small answers, it really will help you

it's only been a week since i joined but i'm already overflowing with knowledge, doing things on my own

I wouldn't say ask all things mentioned in the wiki, since credit goes to it since it is a good source
but if you're like me and can't get anything in that particular sentence or paragraph, might aswell ask some of the helpful folks here
just a small question about some details that aren't mentioned clearly

Secondly there's the more look at it yourself, i'll be honest, i don't want to keep bringing up the wiki, but i didn't understand much from the character creation slade part of the wiki, perhaps that's due to my lack of knowledge in the software of Slade but once i opened a few examples around these fourms in the software, from the interface to the options, all the stuff mentioned in the wiki made a whole lot of sense

Lastly there's coding, not much to say here, lua scripting is entirely new for me, but since i'm a bit familiar with unity C# I am able to understand the basics of it, not the order it goes in with the software, but i'll get there

And all the sprite or texture related things are part of general knowledge in the subject, learn that apart from this (Animating is also a sub topic if you really want your proportions to be on point and what not)

Visualize, understand, ask if doubtful, and start from the very ground up, as much as you'd like to see yourself higher with the others, it's not going to be as fast as starting from the very basics
(Familiarize yourself)

Thanks for reading, hope this helped clear up things from personal experience and your en devours in editing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back