Nero like?
Nero Sonic being a model?
Nero tails being other model?
Nero knuckles being other model?
Callum Yeah
Nero what's the exe then?
Nero proof please >_>
Gsuki Wait
Gsuki Different md2 models for the characters in srb2?
Nero Yes
Boinciel Hehe
Gsuki that sounds familiar, even though i never had the exe
Nero Is there a exe that do this
*** MrMystery joined #srb2fun
Nero Like
Nero TAILA1 tails.md2 6.0 0.0
Nero it should be like that
Nero Callum Any proofs or exe?
Callum Nero: Normal SRB2 exe supports models fullly >_>
Callum so fully I had three l's in there
Gsuki Different character models at once, Callum?
Gsuki I didnt know about it
Nero How it works?
Callum heh, sorry, can't answer, have to go

So, Multiple models are now possible?

I don't think Callum would troll. I believe this was possible in SRB2Riders [1.09.4 mod] so it wouldn't surprise me if it's possible now.

Just like multiplayer NiGHTS mode is possible in Riders. With different characters.

Just tried it. Either I did something wrong or it didn't work. My MD2 line was:
TAIL TAIL.MD2 3.0 0.0

I still got the one for PLAY.

Did you know that when a model doesn't have a texture for it in the MD2 folder, that SRB2 will use the in-game sprite as its texture instead? And that the sprite used will match the one for the animation in question, and for the angle that you are viewing it at, and can be altered by the game in every way that a normal sprite can?

Did you know that there is nothing stopping you from coloring a player model's texture green, converting it to SRB2's pallete, and putting it in a character wad so that when using that character the model will be capable of changing color? That you can change the texture in each frame to match whatever animation it will be used for? That if you have more than one model in the same MD2, whether for the 1up mointor, endsign, or even other characters you can use cyan to make some of them invisible for that wad in whatever animation frames you want just by coloring the parts of the texture they use cyan in this wad, and others?

The appearance of simultaneous character models is not only possible right now, but it has been possible since SRB2 adopted the DooM Legacy engine. The people around here just have a bad habit of forgetting everything that was learned by the last to work on the problem.

Last edited:
Well, I Do think most of MD2 users know about the Color changing.

just put into a wad, then put it green, or whatever color is prefcolor

Did you know that when a model doesn't have a texture for it in the MD2 folder, that SRB2 will use the in-game sprite as its texture instead? And that the sprite used will match the one for the animation in question, and for the angle that you are viewing it at, and can be altered by the game in every way that a normal sprite can?

Did you know that there is nothing stopping you from coloring a player model's texture green, converting it to SRB2's pallete, and putting it in a character wad so that when using that character the model will be capable of changing color? That you can change the texture in each frame to match whatever animation it will be used for? That if you have more than one model in the same MD2, whether for the 1up mointor, endsign, or even other characters you can use cyan to make some of them invisible for that wad in whatever animation frames you want just by coloring the parts of the texture they use cyan in this wad, and others?

The appearance of simultaneous character models is not only possible right now, but it has been possible since SRB2 adopted the DooM Legacy engine. The people around here just have a bad habit of forgetting everything that was learned by the last to work on the problem.

I knew about everything except the Cyan thingy O.O

Though, how the hell do different MD2's for the player object work? Either I put the lines in wrong, or it's not related to lines in the MD2.dat at all.

I knew about everything except the Cyan thingy O.O

Though, how the hell do different MD2's for the player object work? Either I put the lines in wrong, or it's not related to lines in the MD2.dat at all.

No, it's not related to the line in the MD2 entry. You are only using one MD2 file that happens to have multiple character models in it. Kinda like what Jeck did here:

attachment.php

Except he did it so that you'd see both at the same time, all the time, in different locations, with just one player.

playdm.png

This is the texture that comes with that model, PLAY.PNG. Though it is a single image, it contains the texture for both character meshes from the sonic & tails MD2, clearly separated into halves.

So what do you suppose would happen if I removed that image from my MD2 folder and stuck this in a wad instead?
playb0.png

Or this?

playc0.png

I even tried it myself just to be sure; everything works out just fine and dandy.

Last edited:
Ohhhhhh...I thought you guys meant seperate MD2 files, not multiple in one model. But, I'm still confused on one thing. How could you get that to have a different MD2 for each skin? That would require WADs wouldn't it?

But, I'm still confused on one thing. How could you get that to have a different MD2 for each skin? That would require WADs wouldn't it?

Again, there is only one MD2 file. And I have said from the start that this would use wads, that these textures with parts covered in cyan would be used in different character wads so that only the character mesh from that one MD2 you want will be visible. The cyan-is-invisible and colorchanging thing only works if the texture is in a wad.

Last edited:
Ohhhh, okay, okay. I got it now. Sorry for seeming so stupid ._.
I thought you meant the actual MD2 .png, not a WAD texture lump. I got it, I got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back