Srb2 for iPod

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what we need? Srb2 for iPod! Does anyone know about a good game engine to do this with, I've looked at a couple; but I haven't found a good one. I hope too be able to do this, but I need a good program to do it with.

This was talked on already IIRC, and the answer was no.
iPod doesn't serve enough buttons and stuff to make you play SRB2. Actually, it only has 1 button. If it will have a "screen keyboard" thing, then you'll barely see anything. And tilting the iPod in the direction you want it to move isn't much, what about strafe buttons, ring throw, spindash, turning camera to sides, and much much more.

What about a srb2 mini game? I could use a steering controller (like a circle that you move around) and use throwing rings as weapons against enemies. The whole thing done with an ariel view

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Do you guys know any good iPod game engines?

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Ask me about my custom ring weapons soc

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Edit: And Tails
Edit2: And Knuckles
Wow, I never realized SRB2 had nudity...
But they wear shoes...
:D

If you think about it that way, all of our pets are rated R too!

The fact that you don't know which program you need to port SRB2 to the iPod immediately tells me you have no idea what you are doing.

Edit: And Tails
Edit2: And Knuckles
Wow, I never realized SRB2 had nudity...
But they wear shoes...
:D

If you think about it that way, all of our pets are rated R too!
Dude, your kidding or something? Everything bellow the black line is not related to the topic, its my singature... Like yours. You know. You just copy pasted it either, it doesn't even tell I said the final sentence.

Callum, even though I may be a little unprepared for this task, they say that the longest journey starts with one step.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

I am planning on starting from scratch, making a srb2 mini game. Not porting srb2. Think of this mini game as being an aerial view with you using a circle controller to move around shooting robots. I will ask again, What is a good game engine to do this with?

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Dude, your kidding or something? Everything bellow the black line is not related to the topic, its my singature... Like yours. You know. You just copy pasted it either, it doesn't even tell I said the final sentence.

Sorry about that. We all make mistakes, though I tend to make more than the average mb member.

If someone wants to do it (there's people on here that definitely could), an iPod/iPhone (4th generation definitely, not sure about the others) port of SRB2 could be done (homebrew, for obvious reasons). All you'd have to do is get over the control issue, which would probably most easily be done with an on-screen analog stick and spin-dash/jump buttons. I don't really think anyone here has an iPod/iPhone, though, and if they do, they probably don't really care for a port, frankly.

If someone wants to do it (there's people on here that definitely could), an iPod/iPhone (4th generation definitely, not sure about the others) port of SRB2 could be done (homebrew, for obvious reasons). All you'd have to do is get over the control issue, which would probably most easily be done with an on-screen analog stick and spin-dash/jump buttons. I don't really think anyone here has an iPod/iPhone, though, and if they do, they probably don't really care for a port, frankly.

I care, and I have an iPod Touch and I would really love to play SRB2 on it.
Hey, I think u could use the Doom engine for iPod Touch to make that, can't you?

Yeah, the irony is the fact that unlike the NDS and such which barely has the RAM, the 4th generation iPhone has half a gigabyte of the stuff, so a plentiful supply (mine idles with about 350mb free). Shame really. There may be a day when they release a control pad for it and then it'll be a feasible idea, but until then it's not really feasible to have the controls unless you want to use on screen controls which would be an absolute pain. I mean, it could be done perhaps, with some sort of really novel control scheme...

I just think their should be an analog controller and jump and spindash buttons like bigboi said. Once again, do anyone know any good engines to do this with, and would I need my iPod jailbroken to do this?

i love the idea but there would be issues regarding SEGA because SRB2 is a fangame and SEGA wouldnt want a fangame that would probobly be free. (if paid then SEGA would be annoyed that they wouldnt make any money from it.) Also apple wouldnt allow it because of copyright stuff. I think so but i am not quite sure.

Does SRB2 HAVE to be for everything?
If your making a minigame of it without SRB2's physics or graphics, it might as well just be its own stand alone fangame anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back