SRB2 Linux Packages/Repos for RPM-based and DEB-based

newguy: Its already fixed. =) Try again.

By the way, if you are using a recent Debian-based system, I strongly recommend you install the repository instead of using the standalone packages.

The repositories have been updated!
- Support for the ARM architecture on the repositories, which allows support for the PANDORA (!) and other ARM devices
- Updated the SRB2 version to the latest trunk revision which incorporates PowerPC fixes (the Software renderer now works) and many fixes for crashes and other problems in 2.0.4, its still netgame compatible with 2.0.4
- All of the package and repo building is now on a (semi-)automatic build script which will allow me to easily add custom SRB2 mods to the repository. Please PM me for a request for your modification to be added to the repository if interested, I will talk with you further. I already have SRB2Python installed on the repository.

Thats all. Enjoy. =)

Even though the links are the correct length now, they still give a 404 error. I am looking at the ubuntu one, debian, and yum installs. They all give 404s :(

Also why do you guys disallow directory listing on pages before it?

Last edited:
Okay, I have added XSRB2 onto the repositories. See the first post for a link to the standalone packages, for people who have installed the repositories, simply use your package manager to install the package "xsrb2".

Since the latest update, SRB2 simply crashes with an illegal instruction. I haven't got a clue why. I don't know how much of it is relevant, but here's the full terminal output.
Code:
Compiled for SDL version: 1.2.13
Linked with SDL version: 1.2.13
Setting up SRB2...
Looking for WADs in: SRB2WADDIR,.,/usr/local/share/games/srb2,/usr/local/games/srb2,/usr/share/games/srb2,/usr/games/srb2
SRB2 v2.0.4
Z_Init: Init zone memory allocation daemon. 
system memory 48MB free 48MB
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
I_StartupTimer...
Added file /usr/games/srb2/srb2.srb (6292 lumps)
Loading main config from /usr/games/srb2/srb2.srb
Added file /usr/games/srb2/sonic.plr (185 lumps)
Added file /usr/games/srb2/tails.plr (175 lumps)
Added file /usr/games/srb2/knux.plr (171 lumps)
Added file /usr/games/srb2/rings.wpn (212 lumps)
Added file /usr/games/srb2/drill.dta (182 lumps)
Added file /usr/games/srb2/soar.dta (92 lumps)
Added file /usr/games/srb2/music.dta (166 lumps)
===========================================================================
                   We hope you enjoy this game as
                     much as we did making it!
                            ...wait. =P
===========================================================================
I_StartupGraphics...
Starting up with video driver : x11
Found 5 FullScreen Video Modes:
1280x1024 and 1024x768 and 800x600 and 720x400 and 640x480 and None
Video Interface Capabilities:
 Window manager
 Accelerated blits HW-2-HW with Alpha
 There no video memory for SDL
Current Video Mode:
 320x200 at 8 bit color
 Stored in system memory
 Uses synchronous blits if possible
 Has exclusive palette access
 No hardware flipping
 Resizable window
CPU Info: 486: 1, 586: 1, MMX: 1, 3DNow: 0, MMXExt: 0, SSE2: 1
Illegal instruction

I've accidentally been compiling SRB2 without setting custom CFLAGS for the compile, which leaves the SRB2.org server to use its own CFLAGS when compiling the packages, which compiles SSE3 opcodes into SRB2. When a processor without SSE3 support (Pentium 4 processors earlier than the Prescott core and AMD processors using sockets older than socket 939) tries to run this SSE3-dependent SRB2, it will crash with the illegal instruction error when it tries to use SSE3 instructions. Very simple error, but is very easily overlooked, I'm afraid. I've modified my build scripts accordingly, and I will be rebuilding the repositories soon, please sit tight.

Hi guys, sorry for the wait. The repositories have been fixed with properly compiled versions of SRB2. I've also added a "srb2-debug" package with debugging symbols.

can you add the these two line in your RPM spec file?

Code:
%global _binary_filedigest_algorithm 1
%global _source_filedigest_algorithm 1

right now, your RPMs use SHA256 file hashes, but these don't work in CentOS 5.4, they need to be in the older MD5 file hashes format.

can you add the these two line in your RPM spec file?

Code:
%global _binary_filedigest_algorithm 1
%global _source_filedigest_algorithm 1
right now, your RPMs use SHA256 file hashes, but these don't work in CentOS 5.4, they need to be in the older MD5 file hashes format.

Yep, I'll do that as soon as I can after school.

Last edited:
Okay, I've updated most of the packages. Just srb2-data needs to be fixed, but since its really getting too late here (and its by far the biggest package to do...), I will do it tomorrow.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back