Fixed Each time doesn't need of a sector special

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you put a trigger linedef exec #302 with the linedef type #414 and #415, the sector does not do anything, since it is supossed to do only one time.

Edit: Also, I haven't tested with only one effect. the linedef 301 (each time, I think) works perfectly.

Edit2: Ignore the above.

The problem was the each time which active without any sector special.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could not reproduce. Check your map again and see if you're putting the right tags in the right places, for example.

I couldn't reproduce it either, with this quick test map.

Are you using these executors in rather unusual circumstances?

Attachments

• Ex_ld414_playsoundeffect.wad.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
The sectors those two linedef executors are tagged to don't have the linedef exector trigger special applied to them. There is no bug here.

Edit: Actually, there is a bug, in this level, the Once trigger didn't activate (which is correct, because of no trigger sector special), but the Each Time trigger did. Maybe there is a broken conditional?

Last edited:
Actually, there is a bug, in this level, the Once trigger didn't activate (which is correct, because of no trigger sector special), but the Each Time trigger did. Maybe there is a broken conditional?

Yes, that is pretty much a bug in the game. I've come across with it before but never got to report it...

SSNTails told me once that Each Time was rewritten to work differently to the other triggers, actively monitoring when players step inside the sector, so that might be why it's being set off without a trigger special. It's the same thing that causes "Floor Touch" triggers to activate, rather bizarrely, without touching the floor.

Frankly, this rubs me the wrong way because prior to the rewrite, in 1.09, Each Time triggers worked as expected at all times. But I mean, what am I supposed to say when somebody tells me a feature is broken on purpose?

Callum, it should probably be only required to add some conditions to T_EachTimeThinker and P_HavePlayersEnteredArea (src/p_floor.c). Conditions that depend on the sector effects that could allow, for example, to test if players are touching a sector's floor, instead of just entering it.

Of course, that's easier said than done. It may also be required to add new "vars" to the levelspecthink_t struct (passed as a parameter) to reflect the extra conditions :\

Just curious, did you only fix the bug where Each Time worked without sector specials, or did you go a step further and fixed the matter of "Floor Touch" triggers as well? :3

Last edited:
Just curious, did you only fix the bug where Each Time worked without sector specials, or did you go a step further and fixed the matter of "Floor Touch" triggers as well? :3

No, that's a separate bug. I'll look into that soon.

EDIT: Okay, now it's fixed, Ricardo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back