Which SRB2 mod MS version number is which?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diskette Projector

Floppy Disk Horse
I recently looked for random servers on the MS launcher, and i saw 2 mod version numbers:

0.16.1 and 0.42.5

I assume those are XSRB2 V005 and SRB2CineBlast v0.21 (or maybe not), but unfortunately, i forgot to set those up in the MS launcher, and confused which version is which. Neither those mods' topic page has described their MS version number (If CineBlast's is v0.21.*, then one of those version numbers i saw is a completely diffirent mod), and i'm lazy to test which one of them connects...

Thx

If the server is hosting right now, go into the community tab link (It is on the bar where you see the User CP and Forum Rules) and click on Master server. You will see a bunch of servers, and the version numbers. Hover your mouse over the version number, and it will show you what exe the version number is for.

Oh dang, the MS list can do that now? XD

Anyways, to my knowledge the hostname for 0.42.5 was something like "Red's server" or similar to that, but no name like "testing" or "insert modder/dev team name here", etc.

EDIT: 0.42.5 is not SRB2MFE, checked my Launcher, it had that, but it was diffirent (unless i'm wrong)

Last edited:
0.42.5 is XSRB2's internal version number. You never normally see it because it sends out version strings to the MS in "X-###" format instead of "#.##.#" format, but Oogaland's MS launcher takes the data it gets and forms its own version string instead of using the one the MS gives it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back