Tiny 2.1 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fuck you're actually changing THZ1 for the first time in eight years

I just have one complaint.
srb20011.png

I have to wonder why you're using the LFZ wood texture in all the outer walls of CEZ1. Combined with the dirt+vines texture AND the different wood texture Sonic's standing on, it makes the level look really, REALLY brown. I think the grayscale checkerboard texture would work MUCH better for the outer walls.

Nice indeed! But... first screenshot shows a case of a room with the same texture as floor, ceiling and walls.

Oh and how the multiplayer system? Has it been updated with some new levels ?
And maybe new game modes perhaps ?
I do not think the multiplayer will change.
By Mystic
Release date is, as mentioned earlier, "when CEZ's remake is done".

I see STJr is still active, it is a pleasure to see.
I love the sunsets in the levels and all which is nostalgic, so I can say that THZ is a pure achievement for me.
And I think this new version will spend the taste of CEZ which I did not like. It looks like a much more detailed and impressive castle. Some screens make me think back to the same Alien Armageddon Zone.

However, I know the time attack mode and other things will be a little confused .. since the levels will be modified.

Oh yeah, they gave us a hint on what kind of ring it would be in an announcement, and I kinda guessed that ring to be a roaming, perhaps homing ring, like a bombchu.

First of all, thanks for the topic and the screens. I think it's exactly what people wanted/needed/bitched for right now. This might also prevent further silly IRC discussion where everyone goes "waaaah they're not doing anything this game is doomed". Now we have proof that at least Mystic is doing something. ;)

Comments and random observations from me:

• Changing the GFZ grass to withered grass really helps in making this stage not a GFZ clone. I know I always complained about how monotonous the walls are with only one texture, but I really don't mind it that much anymore. That is, unless you kept the first half of the stage unchanged.
  • Third screenshot: Whee, you made THZ more like TVZ ;)
  • I fear with THZ1 receiving such a large update, THZ2 will seem a bit subpar. You already know about the path imbalance at the end, but add to that the general emptiness and openness of the design, which I fear might seem a bit anticlimactic after the new THZ1.
  • New CEZ texturing looks much more lively. And much more like a forest. Act 2 is also nicely detailed.
  • Fourth screenshot: Huh? What is going on there? Unless that is a Knuckles-only path, I have no idea how Sonic could make it through.
  • Seventh screenshot: You took this from a really bad angle. Do some of these platforms still crumble? And if so, these small pillars don't seem like a lot of help to me.

Comments on other comments so that this post can be totally long:

Oh and about its boss, can you tell us something from it, like how far are you from finishing it?
Well, Mystic revealed in IRC that the boss can be loaded up but doesn't yet have a weakness by which you could defeat it.

Hey just wondering, are there gonna be any new multiplayer levels?
Yes. A lot of them, actually. Mostly contest stages if I'm not mistaken, so there's not much purpose in showing them off.

The Level's look...fine, Its Okay, I guess. I just wish you would have tooken a picture of a level that we have not seen before like Dark City or Something.

How about giving GFZ and THZ grass flats that don't look so hideous? GRASS3 and a brown variant (do we currently have one?) are much better options for grass because they're cleaner and more natural-looking.
Seconded. I never liked the hideous-looking mowing patterns, and I never really understood what mowing patterns are doing in a huge canyon-like area such as GFZ2.

I think the grayscale checkerboard texture would work MUCH better for the outer walls.
Do you mean the GFZ recolor? Nah, that wouldn't fit the forest theme. Although I do agree that the current texture isn't perfect.

Nice indeed! But... first screenshot shows a case of a room with the same texture as floor, ceiling and walls.
Unless there is a huge corridor preceding that area, I don't think it's much of an issue. The slime breaks up the pattern.

Let's hope you guys can finish CEZ and THZ1 this year and release them all before New Year's Day.

EDIT: Oh, and the new weapon rings are on hold. Lack of interest.

Last edited:
srb20005.png

srb20007.png

I see the sprites for the monitors appear to have changed in these two screenshots. Is this simply a visual update, or is there a deeper significance than that?

Oh right, the changed monitor sprites. I know I've heard of it before, although I'm not sure where and when. Mind showing those sprites to us, Mystic?

Ah yes, I had not noticed, it is well observed.
On the screen where there is Knuckles ... I look, I see a kind of ice crystal in the monitor. The monitor itself also looks very very small. I do not know what's going to give.

Holy shit.

Now I'm gonna say that again in caps with an emoticon.

HOLY SHIT. O__O

EDIT: Oh, and will our save files become obsolete with this version?

Last edited:
On the screen where there is Knuckles ... I look, I see a kind of ice crystal in the monitor. The monitor itself also looks very very small. I do not know what's going to give.
Looks like a Whirlwind Shield to me. And I don't think the monitor is any smaller than the current ones. It's quite a bit away from the player in that screenshot.

...Heh, I sense there's be quite a bit of updating to do on the SRB2 Wiki when 2.1 is released, from looking at these screenshots here. =x

I'm really stoked to try the new THZ and CEZ.

You know, I always wondered about the THZ sky. It never looked "polluted" enough for my tastes. Changing it to orange was a brilliant idea. And all the level changes are pretty sweet too.

Is the control lag being fixed for internet game users? Or is there already a way to stop the control lag in multiplayer? If I can sort this one thing out i'll be able to play my first internet game. (don't be psyched, I haven't found any solutions in my searches)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SpiritCrusher said:
Yeah, get a better internet connection.

Yeah, I guess that wasn't the answer you looked for.
Nope. Ha, and there's me thinking that high performance in single player meant good multiplayer too, but it's this "dongle" from the "3" brand

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back