Ring weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystic said:
Grenade is good for area denial and well as covering yourself while running. Most players won't watch you drop mines as you run, and will get hit, allowing you to escape clear, and with an extra 50 points.
Practically my only reason for wanting to use Grenade rings all the time. I'm always chuckling in a way to see that someone hit my Grenade ring while I may be completely in a different area. I am also always shooting to get this weapon ring first.

I also try to use the Scatter ring and the Bomb ring in an enclosed area as well while trying to get close enough to my opponent. I don't use the Bomb ring as much as the Scatter ring though.

If all else, I'm shooting randomly with the normal Red ring.

You know, I still think that when you're Super, instead of getting SS Float/Super Whirwind Jump/Multiglide, you should get the ability to combine weapons. It would be much more interesting than added mobility. I can imagine interesting strategies with Rail-Bounce, for example.

Personally i love scatter
I cant aim for the life of me so I blindly shoot away especially in CTF
otherwise, its the normal ring for me =D

Kaysakado said:
You know, I still think that when you're Super, instead of getting SS Float/Super Whirwind Jump/Multiglide, you should get the ability to combine weapons. It would be much more interesting than added mobility. I can imagine interesting strategies with Rail-Bounce, for example.

No. Just no. Auto-Rail? (AKA Auto-Fail) No. Scatter-Bomb? No. Scatter-Rail? No. Rail-Bounce? No.

I can see more bad with that than good. Anyway, you can TOUCH your opponents to hit them. What more do you want?

J-town said:
No. Just no. Auto-Rail? (AKA Auto-Fail) No. Scatter-Bomb? No. Scatter-Rail? No. Rail-Bounce? No.
He's Super, he deserves OPness.

J-town said:
Anyway, you can TOUCH your opponents to hit them. What more do you want?
If you have good timing, you can touch your opponents to hit them with any character. Press your fire button while you're right in front of them. >_>

I can just imagine how interesting a bouncing scatter rail would be...

Yeah, Super getting ring weapon combinations would be both completely overpowered and a framerate killer. Super forms currently grant you super sneakers, high jumping, no flinching when hit and the ability to continue firing while hit, as well as the ability to ram people for a hit. It is a MASSIVE boost to your ability to fight, both increasing your offensive power and making you nigh-unstoppable with a large ring total. Also, the ability to ram people is an extremely powerful ability that a lot of people seem to underestimate. Don't forget you take ALL their stuff on a melee attack, since they drop it directly onto you.

Super doesn't NEED any buffs, thanks. It's pretty absurd as it is.

I tend to switch between them a lot, but only during certain situations.

I use the Automatic ring when I have well over 100 rings to spare to go on a frenzy, and aim at incoming opponents, or the ones that tend to pass by me. I also use it for long distance shots as I have a better chance of hitting the opponent with more than one shot upon firing.

I use the Explosion ring when the opponent is at close-medium range. The way I use it, is to fire it either directly at them, or right in front of them (considering it has a good blast radius).

Rail ring is for those long-distance shots, or for those who just run in a straight line, as you can kinda tell where they're going to go. I also use it for surprise shots, as nobody really expects it to be used at a close range.

The Scatter ring is probably my favorite. (If not second favorite, with Explosion ranking at the top) This is the one I use in ANY situation - long, short, medium distances - you name 'em. It's good for all-around usage, so long as you can at least pinpoint your opponent near the center of your aim.

The Bounce ring is the one that I don't use much, unless (as Mystic has already said) it is a tight space, and I can easily reflect it off of the walls (i.e Sapphire Falls CTF bases). Other than that, I don't use it very much.

And finally, the Grenade ring. My personal favorite for just dumping it behind me and having people run right into them. That or setting them up in front of the CTF bases (heck, maybe even inside), and having people get hurt by them willy-nilly.

So my three faves are Explosion, Rail, and Scatter, pretty much.

Scatter Ring is the one I use the most. It has a very nice Large-Long Range and Knock Power if used to people quite near.
I use Bomb Ring as 2nd due to it's Medium Range and it's Knock Power if it hurts the player.
Even though it has a Little-Long Range, I use the Rail Ring as 3rd due to it's amazing accuracy when shooting someone far away and has a Knock Power at any Width Range.
I use Bounce Ring if I don't have any of those, because on the contrary to the Red/Blue Ring, it can bounce, so it's more useful than the Red/Blue Ring.
I hardly even use the Grenade Ring, because not only it lasts 5 seconds only, but it can be easily jumped, I think. If it could last for some more seconds, though, perhaps I would use it more often...

My favorite Ring is the Scatter Ring because, it's like a powered up Red Ring and covers a wide area.

The Grenade Ring is another one of my favorite Rings because, i love bombarding an entire area while gliding with Knux.

The Bounce Ring is pretty fun to use in small spaces and let someone run into that area let them get hit.

The Automatic Ring is a rapid fire monster and great for covering a big area full of players.

The Explosion Ring is also nice for player filled areas so you can hit alot of them.

I almost never use the Rail Ring because I always play in Third-Person mode, and im not very good at aiming

I generally stock up on ridiculous amounts of Rings, and collect each and every weapon card I can find. I usually end up with 100 rings or more. I also grab a shield if I can find one.

Red Ring - I generally use this if I'm attacked while I'm collecting. I don't like to waste special ammo until I am able to use a lot of it.
Scatter ring- Definitely my favorite. Ridiculous amounts of knockback, decent airspeed, it's overall made of win. I use it a lot, especially in close combat. Certainly a great, all-round weapon.
Auto ring- I generally use this in quick skirmishes when I don't have time to accurately aim.
Grenade ring- I use this for retreat and base guarding. I run and lob grenade rings so that I can't be followed.
Rail ring- Meh, I don't use this much. Apparently I don't have perfect aim and zero ping. ;P
Bomb ring- Again, not used much. If I pick one of these up, it was in my path or I'm keeping others from using it.
Bounce ring- Useful for shooting into rooms where the enemies will predictably be. I shoot into the room at different angles and they'll be flushed out or hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back