Administrator??

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlazingPhoenix said:
Instead of kicking the host, why not just ban the host?

Wouldn't this be a little unfair?I understand if it was a noob with 0% good grammar but this is still unfair.I mean,the guy trusts you and makes you an admin.And then you become a traitor.They might revenge on you.:P

For hosting a game? I dont think we have specified anything THAT bad to deserve a banning yet <_<

Anybody asking me to become admin gets a no. I only pass some admin powers to those who I know well. If there's someone on my server thats worthy of those adminstrator powers, and I need to go, I'll just keep my server on, but leave the host things up to him/her, till I'm back.

Banning the host, never tried or saw it, but does it keep the host from hosting a server untill a certain time?

In SRB2, the ban list is cleared when you quit the game. All kicking or banning the host does is quit the game, so there's no difference.

I honestly thought the game would have prevented kicking or banning the host as an admin. I doubt I'll ever have to use it anyway, though.

IIRC, it's still possible. I can vaugely recall a certain host using ban 0 on himself, which brought up quite the error message. :P

Uhh, doesn't the game, like, die after that? 'Cause, you know, the commands are routed through the host?

...the host has made you an administrator.
When that message comes up, a person must have verified you.
Simple. The server host must've "Verified" you.
The host verified you and gave you power over the server
Either the host has verified you, or you know the server password and used the console command: LOGIN <password>

Why did no one read each other's posts? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back