Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yeah!

• I don't care.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tails should be faster, and be able to reach his running animations, without getting super sneakers to use them. Sonic has his fast speed + thok, Knuckles with his ablity to glide and climb + meduim speed, and Tails with his fly + low speed. Now does that seem fair? Sonic gets all the speed, and Knuckles gets a good ability. Tails when flying only has limited time, while Knuckles could just be gliding to each wall than climbing up it. Tails has low speed and is very slow, while Sonic has the hightest speed.

While it's great running around like Sonic in a level with no pits or hazards, I think most of you will appreciate the tight control of Tails when you play some of the later stages. RVZ1 is a good example of this.

then atleast make him go into his running animations at a slower speed then. I just want to see them in use more!

SSNTails said:
While it's great running around like Sonic in a level with no pits or hazards, I think most of you will appreciate the tight control of Tails when you play some of the later stages. RVZ1 is a good example of this.

But that doesn't eliminate most of the problem. What about Race stages? Tails is ridiculously underpowered in those.

Not if you abuse his spindash-to-flight trick a lot. I almost beat Digi in a couple of the circuit stages that way. :D

I thought the point of Tail's run speed being higher than his max speed was so he could only run on water when he got the super speed power up.

Dark Warrior said:
But that doesn't eliminate most of the problem. What about Race stages? Tails is ridiculously underpowered in those.

FORCESKIN ON

SSNTails said:
Dark Warrior said:

FORCESKIN ON

That's not a viable option either. The point of having different characters is their different abilities that changes the gameplay mechanic. Tails is not an exception to this. There's a difference between an underpowered character and a character with a different mechanic. Tails currently qualifies as the former.

That's essentially a FORCESKIN. Again, that's eliminating the point of alternate characters and their change in gameplay mechanics.

Here's a solution: make Circuit levels which appreciate Tails's flying ability. Like, make shortcuts for Tails while Sonic and Knuckles have to take the long way around, all before the one starpost. None of the current circuit levels do that.

You've gotta somehow find a way to make Tails and Sonic's paths the same "length", though. Doesn't sound too easy. Not to mention, high up paths might not be very noticeable.

Shuffle said:
You've gotta somehow find a way to make Tails and Sonic's paths the same "length", though. Doesn't sound too easy. Not to mention, high up paths might not be very noticeable.

Whats the fun in making it easy to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back