A Big Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would there be any way to make the loops in game using a linedef for an easier way to make loops, or will loops never be possible in vanilla

until further notice, and more sprite frames are made (45 degree angel and 90 degree angel sprites), the hacky way will be what you get in terms of support for loops.

I'm saying will the hacky way be able to be reproduced with a linedef although forcing him into a spin state

The hacky way is demonstrated in that GIF and operates even without spinning, although it'll look REALLY stupid.

The basic issue is that it's not really letting you walk on the wall; it's launching you into the air when you hit the wall. This works well for approximating quarter-pipe physics, but it doesn't work well once you try to continue the effect beyond the wall transfer.

To be honest, even though it was April Fools, I actually would like this idea.
#bigthecatforpresident2020

Take a look at the link in the news post.

srb20446.gif

OMG 2.2 would feature loops \ :V /

just a reminder, while you can build them, they'd still need to use reverse gravity to "work"

Waait...
Is the Lightning Shield in the Aerial Garden shot legitimate 2.2 content or is that an April Fools' post too?
Does that mean we're getting the Liquid and Inferno Shields back >:V

Okay, I'm pretty late to the game and Jesus Christ do I love the look of this, remade sprites, possibly new shields, loops are now a thing in SRB2, weight and A PLAYABLE BIG THE CAT, WOO! In all seriousness I love what I'm looking at here, even though it's an April Fools prank/joke. I highly doubt there be actually new shields, and I definitely doubt there will be a playable 4th character, In this case Big. (Sonic & Tails together obviously doesn't count.) And I love the pun in the title, "A Big Announcement".

Yep... totally legitimate.
In case it wasn’t obvious by the date this was posted, this is an April Fools’ Day post, and the following is not true. On the other hand, the levels shown are indeed legitimate 2.2 content.

How is the normal goal blocked off for Big, and how does that exit-block work in multiplayer (whether there's no Big, a few Bigs, or only Bigs)?

Well try Orb and you'll see. That character (Not referring to Big) has some sort of LUA or SOC in the wad that won't allow you to enter an exit sector. As for multiplayer, it's easy to test- even without Big, being replaced by Orb for now. Copy the wad and put the skin name as <Whatever character apart from Orb>&Orb. Example: sonic&orb Then use that character in Single Player and test away. (Save the edited wad as a separate wad!)

Last edited:
srb20446.gif

Everything I know about SRB2 is a lie. If you asked me a few years ago which announcement seemed more fake—Big as a playable character or loop physics in Software mode—I think I would have answered the loops.

The universe is a lie, the cake is a lie, everything is a lie XD (Btw I'm really excited for SRB2 2.2)

Did... you not check the date this was posted?

Take a good look at it.

(Nobody else tell 'em, let them figure it out)

Alright, since, somehow, even folks on Discord are unaware; this was an April Fools Day bit. There is not even a full sprite set for Big, its most likely just that one standing sprite and one sitting sprite (maybe). However, at the time, it was not known that the S3&K shields were in the game, so the fact that the Electric Shield monitor was just sitting there in that last shot was a genuine devleak. You gotta keep your eyes pealed for that kinda thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back