• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Trying to make lvls need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, keep in your mind that you will never release the hypersonic.wad in the MB.
See what Torgo said to me when I tried to release my HMS123311v2.0.wad:

Or If you don't believe me, look at this: http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=669484&postcount=3

How could they not want you to release HMS? I just don't understand why nobody wants powerful characters. Sure, they are almost too powerful, but they offer really fun game play to srb2. HMS and SMSunleashed used to be my main source of fun with the old 1.09. If you know how to use these characters right, you can almost fly!

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Oh, and since the srb2 community isn't interested in a Hyper Sonic, I will only be including it in another large mod I'm working on. Not as a stand alone modification.

It's not that we don't want powerful characters, we don't want horribly overpowered recolors that essentially break the game.

If you're trying to make an Hyper Sonic, I'm trying make the HMS123311 for the srb2 2.0. Oh yes! I already made it, but I can't release overpowered characters.

So PHCC, is there somewhere where I can get that from you?

How could they not want you to release HMS? I just don't understand why nobody wants powerful characters. Sure, they are almost too powerful, but they offer really fun game play to srb2. HMS and SMSunleashed used to be my main source of fun with the old 1.09. If you know how to use these characters right, you can almost fly!
These 'powerful characters' you're talking about are too powerful, most of them as far as to break the character balance and the difficulty of the game itself. In fact, the 2.0 character system was heavily nerfed because of the overload of overpowered characters in 1.09.4.
And I dunno about you, but I think (and I'm surely not the only one) that overpowered characters are not fun at all. I like playing levels as they are intended to play, instead of skipping over everything because of overpowered abilities and/or stats.
And as Fyrus said, most of them are just lame recolors or different forms of Sonic.

These 'powerful characters' you're talking about are too powerful, most of them as far as to break the character balance and the difficulty of the game itself. In fact, the 2.0 character system was heavily nerfed because of the overload of overpowered characters in 1.09.4.
And I dunno about you, but I think (and I'm surely not the only one) that overpowered characters are not fun at all. I like playing levels as they are intended to play, instead of skipping over everything because of overpowered abilities and/or stats.
And as Fyrus said, most of them are just lame recolors or different forms of Sonic.

You're all right I guess. Truly, overpowered characters do take away a lot of the challenge, which also gives you less satisfaction that you "Beat the game." I guess the only reason I liked them, is that I love monitor bouncing. Still, SMS will always hold a special place in my heart. :)

Ugh, what is WRONG with you guys? Are you seriously replying to this guy? He clearly has no idea what he's doing. Just ignore him, and he'll give up on his ridiculous Hyper Sonic bullshit and move on.
HINT: HYPER SONIC WAS HARD CODED TO WORK THE WAY IT DID.
NO AMOUNT OF WAD EDITING WILL CHANGE THAT.
The Black Emerald/Super Emeralds are un-socable, you can't go faster than Super Sonic does now, and you can't directly modify Sonic so you'd need to us the stupid S Monitor to do anything to a custom Sonic. That, and Hyper Sonic wasn't even all that interesting.

/thread

Last edited:
You don't mean me do you? Hyper Sonic isn't even a top priority for me right now. (I'm even doubting if I should bother. Nobody wants it anyway, and it would simply mean more work for me.)

In regards to our character system. We are going to add new abilities and stuff as it is so it won't be so "nerfed" anyways. Did you think we would leave it crippled? We will still try to break the crazy overpowered stuff as much as we can though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back