sector question

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean, "unused sectors"?

As for unused tags, just click the button that says "next unused". Couldn't be more simple.

What do you mean, "unused sectors"?

As for unused tags, just click the button that says "next unused". Couldn't be more simple.

sorry, i mean, "control sectors"
and are we talking about srb2doombuilder? cuz I can't find any buttons saying "next unused"

Last edited:
How can a control sector be unused?
easy, put control sector outside with some action and some random tag, and do nothing to inside of playable area, example, Control sector got tag 1 and action 100, and outside got few other control sectors with tags 2 and 3, inside of playable ares got tag 2 and 3 used and tag 1 isn't inside of playable area, so control sector what have tag 1 is useless.

Why would you make a control sector that isn't going to be used?

It's not that i want to do it, but if i remove some useless area from playground and forgot control sector's location, and I already done that many times so there might be many unused control sectors.

But why you need to know anyway, I just need to know is there some kind of button that will show unused control sectors.

"Unused" means literally unused. When you have a control sector that tag is used by the control sector's linedef. "Next Unused" brings up the next tag number that nothing is using at all.

There is no way to automatically determine what control sectors aren't tagged into the actual stage or not. You'll have to do that manually when you delete things.

The "next unused" button appears right next to the box for the tag.
next_unused.bmp

Well, if you wanted to do this easiest, you could open up the tag browser (Tools --> Tag Browser), write down the gaps in between the numbers in the sectors and delete the linedefs (or whole control sectors) that are using those numbers.

It would make that MUCH easier if, in the Tag Browser, you could see the tag # and both the linedefs and sectors using it, without having to switch between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back