• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Django Urikashima - a WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrispy said:
Yes, you should do all the details. the point of a character wad is for it to look nice.

I always thought the point of a character wad was to be able to play the game in a unique and/or different way.

Looking nice is just a bonus, but w/e.

Pardon me if this was already explained, but why is the shading of both eyes inconsistent to each other?

Blue Warrior said:
Pardon me if this was already explained, but why is the shading of both eyes inconsistent to each other?

Possibly because when I was making the sprites and doing the shading, I would flip the head to save a bit of time.

However, I did the test, and apparently the way I do the shading here is not the same as it will appear in game.

to put it simply...

The way the sprite looks now:
animationtestwi7.gif

the way it appears in game:
animationtest2he8.gif

so far, it's working, for the people I've had test it did not complain about how it looks. Dunno why all of a sudden it's an issue.

Ah. It almost looked like, from your avatar, that the eyes were almost bulging out; if the SRB2 pallette got rid of that problem, then nevermind.

Blue Warrior said:
Ah. It almost looked like, from your avatar, that the eyes were almost bulging out; if the SRB2 pallette got rid of that problem, then nevermind.

On my avatar, yes. I noticed that too. course, it's just an avatar, nothing important.

As it is, Django's shading isn't that horrible, so I don't think it requires me to go back and fix 20+ sprites again.

But I digress... I'm actually hoping someone will make a comment about the video to give me insight about Django's spindash ability, for that's kind of my main focus at this point.

Edit2: I'm sticking with this design, for it doesn't appear to be an issue in the long run...

playp1ga7.png
playp2p8zu3.png

Ok, I tested the wad and the jump works quite nicely.
May I suggest lowering his jump height to 80 or something?
Because his super jump doesnt have much of a purpose if
it's only a tiny bit higher than his regular jump. 8.5/10.
Also, the life icon looks weird with the eyes closed.

H Y P E R said:

I've actually reworked his super jump ability from the closed testing version. Also, lowered jumping breaks spring ascensions, not sure why.

Lastily, it's just a life icon. Don't dwell on it.

----------------------

Anyway, after an involuntary 2 week Vacation, I was able to work on my character, and I'm pleased to say that I'm finally getting closer to having his main sprites done.

djangojumpnc8.gif

just a reminder, SRB2 some-what fixes the shading in game, so what you see here, isn't how it'll look in game.
=================

Things left to do:

Walking sprites - 32 sprites

Falling sprites - 10 sprites

Swimming sprites - 8 sprites

After I finish these, It'll be ready for a proper Beta release.

Django Urikashima said:
H Y P E R said:

I've actually reworked his super jump ability from the closed testing version. Also, lowered jumping breaks spring ascensions, not sure why.

Lastily, it's just a life icon. Don't dwell on it.

----------------------

Anyway, after an involuntary 2 week Vacation, I was able to work on my character, and I'm pleased to say that I'm finally getting closer to having his main sprites done.

djangojumpnc8.gif

just a reminder, SRB2 some-what fixes the shading in game, so what you see here, isn't how it'll look in game.
=================

Things left to do:

Walking sprites - 32 sprites

Falling sprites - 10 sprites

Swimming sprites - 8 sprites

After I finish these, It'll be ready for a proper Beta release.
Well, Django, I wish you the best of luck on your sprites. And if there is any way I can help, just let me know. :3

A great Wad, and a great Soc, but here are a few problems I think need to be done to the soc...

1. It should be 170-200 for the ability if this if it's going to be that way
2. For some Odd reason, if you go kinda in between slow and Medium Speed, he'll spindash instead of Jumping high like he's supposed to do.

Other than the Sprites, I think this will be a very great wad
Also, it seems to me that your version Does not Support 1.09 for some reason.
(Also, if you can do Socs really well, can you make me a soc to make a Flame Trail for my character in spindash form (Please send in a Pm with The Soc and How to do it because No one gave me a good way how to do it))

Eliwood said:
A great Wad, and a great Soc, but here are a few problems I think need to be done to the soc...

1. It should be 170-200 jump height for this if it's going to be that way
2. For some Odd reason, if you go kinda in between slow and Medium Speed, he'll spindash instead of Jumping high like he's supposed to do.

Other than the Sprites, I think this will be a very great wad
(Also, if you can do Socs really well, can you make me a soc to make a Flame Trail for my character in spindash form (Please send in a Pm with The Soc and How to do it because No one gave me a good way how to do it))

I'll answer your questions for you.
1. It's impossible to make a jump height over 100.
2. That's supposed to happen, going fast gives you the ability but going slow doesn't.

I'll answer the parenthetical question.

Name your character Nitemare in the S_SKIN and play JTE.

Violo said:
Eliwood said:

1. It should be 170-200 jump height for this if it's going to be that way

I'll answer your questions for you.
1. It's impossible to make a jump height over 100.
2. That's supposed to happen, going fast gives you the ability but going slow doesn't.

Thank you.

It also happens when you stand still and spindash in place, but that's a given.

Eliwood said:
Yeah, I'm not sure why, I followed the Character making process on the wiki, so I'm a bit stumped.

I'm actually still new to the whole Socing process, so there's very limited things I can do.

=====================

Anyway, I'm still missing quite a bit of sprites, but I'm curious to ask...

If I was to release an alpha version for the main purpose of ability testing, would people really test it and tell me their thoughts on it?

Django Urikashima said:
Anyway, I'm still missing quite a bit of sprites, but I'm curious to ask...

If I was to release an alpha version for the main purpose of ability testing, would people really test it and tell me their thoughts on it?
Yes. At least I would. What I find odd is, why the heck would a cat swim? Cats hate water.

Yeah, I know. but what you have to understand is that a nub wad maker's character isn't going to be perfect.

If anything, I'm at least not doing a shadow clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back