Tried to run a map with slopes on 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK.exe

The one and only!
Kart Krew™️
So. i made a map, with slopes and tired to run it on SRB2dd.exe

Turns out the game wont work if i'm online or trying to host offline. I can play singleplayer normally with no defects.

A message appears in the console saying

'Player 1 sent a bad name change'

Help. Please. Anyone.

If i send you the map you can't physcically play it, otherwise you'll be in the same situation i'm in

I cant even Play online

I'm pretty sure it isn't my name, i adjusted my name after that came up in the console. and the same thing happened

I have no idea what to do...

The least I could do is figure out why does it say "bad name change", because that seems out of place.

So if you want me at least to try to help you, you need to provide me the offending map...

I think it's pretty obvious by this point, but playing a map with slopes from Zone Builder won't actually give you slopes, since no updates to 2.1 mention anything functioning towards slopes, the most you can try to do is find an exe that can properly run slopes. Sadly, none have been distributed to the public, and some may have been leaked. Either way, you might just want to enjoy the view of the level from Zone Builder.

There may be a chance that using slopes online could be the cause of your corrupt name, I suggest sticking to Single player till an exe comes out.

Last edited:
I sent you the wad via private message Confusion, Do not,by all means open it in game

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

I think it's pretty obvious by this point, but playing a map with slopes from Zone Builder won't actually give you slopes, since no updates to 2.1 mention anything functioning towards slopes

Yeah i found that out the hard way as it seems

I'm so insane that I've actually opened it in-game, and hosted a private server with it.
The results:
mPJXy0e.png

NV9WPz5.png

So far, I'm doing fine. No crashes\bad names\multiplayer problems.

No slopes, but that's to be expected.
And in software mode it just shows HOMs in place of slopes.

Not bad, so yeah, MK, you might have to change your name to something simple. Maybe the level will be playable.

This is has just completly baffled me. Alrighty i guess it was my name -_-

When the wind is slow; and the fire’s hot

This is has just completly baffled me. Alrighty i guess it was my name -_-
That much should have been self-explanatory from the error message you got in the first place.

What was the name were you using?

I guess he tried a colored name. Mostly of those messages are sent when the player renamed himself with non-ASCII characters.

Last edited:
My name is

**MK.exe**()

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

I have no colours in my name

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Its the name i used since 2.1 was releasd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back