GraphicX8000v5_5.wad - [Version 5.5 RELEASED!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I love this mod. I've downloaded it every time you've released it, and I marvel at what changes you've made since V.1 came out. The only version that wouldn't work on my computer was the version before this one (f*ck you windows.). Anyways, I got it to work using SlumpED. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
srb20015.png

Redid the HUD.

The game has changed a lot. The ">>> Score" is very classy.
I just hope that monitors will not be too small !

EDIT : Oh and do not change the spikes, they are excellent.

srb20017.png

Slightly changed the HUD again. (SCORE, The time icon and the Ring Icon have been changed.)

SCORE: Changed to a gold like color.
TIME: Gave it some shadowing at least...
RINGS: Ring is now curved instead. *May change back to the old one.*

ringbox.png

The Ring in the Item boxes has been changed... yet again.

Bah... so many changes... and I STILL don't know if they're suitable to keep, also... I keep getting held up in too many things...

Last edited:
Gaaah, monitors always looks to be little bubbles ...
Perhaps I should have noted this earlier : the clock time seems a little strange ... I feel that Sonic games does not like clocks.

It is my opinion. I oblige nothing.

I think it looks like a bubble due to the background colour being the same grey. If we could see it in GFZ then maybe it'd look better.

If we could see it in GFZ then maybe it'd look better.
srb20019.png

Took the screenshot of the Item Box in GFZ.

The Item Boxes where going to have a dark blue glass but Katmint was telling me it'll blend in with the Blue Team Item boxes from far away.

Perhaps I should just make the Team Boxes or Normal Boxes a different shape to fix this? Maybe colured rings... bah, can't do that due to the Blue Ring in XSRB2. >_> Unless... I make that silver? I mean... that's unused as for now, then again... it'll blend with the whirlwind shield icon.

Hmm... what to do.

Last edited:
Since seeing the preview of 2.1, I've noticed that the Shield Icons are going to have a proper icon instead of the recolor spheres, so...

itemlist.png

Current Item List so no one gets confused.

hudstuff.png

Changing the HUD yet again... I need to stop doing that, really... this is just a example.
(Yellow numbers are the Special Stage needed rings.)

Now comes the question... should I save v5 when 2.1 comes out or no?

Last edited:
I like that effect, although individually, it looks sort of weird.
Also, what happened to Sonic's life icon in the bottom-left hand corner?

I like that effect, although individually, it looks sort of weird.
Also, what happened to Sonic's life icon in the bottom-left hand corner?

It does that in lower res's, although I took the pic at 320x200 because the filesize for 640x400 get's somewhat big and it takes awhile to upload.

It's still fine in 640x400 and higher I bet, maybe...

He probably either:
1. Ported KO.T.E. to 1.09.x, and forgot the life image.
2. Ported KO.T.E.'s sprites over Knuckles' in knux.plr

Dear me I am SOOOOOOO late for this, but to clear things up....
That was the OLD KO wad from back in 1.09.4 before I re-did him for 2.0, there are some notable differences in color and some of his body parts.

Anyways, I love your progress so far SonicX8000. Can't wait for the next version to come out!

SonicX8000 on 'fun said:
[00:49.48] <SonicX8000> Well... I think ether later on today I shall finally release this file. (Well... somewhere around THIS Sunday, at least.) Unless something else comes up to change and whatnot
[00:49.55] <SonicX8000> .)*
[00:50.18] <SonicX8000> I just hope I don't have anything to do that day >_>
Yes, this is true, just have to do the Weapon Panels and then double check to ensure I got nothing left to change. (Well... at least not yet.) And this finally shall be released, honest.

However... just hope I don't got anything to do this Sunday, that way I can finish it up and release it, if not, then I ensure it will be somewhere week, that's all I can say, really.

Is it bad that I wish that was in the Vanilla SBR2's sprite-set? (With less horrible pillow-shading of course...)
Erm... I can understand that it looks pillowed, but... these are invisibility sparks after all. It's not like a Ring or something, otherwise they will be metalilc/plastic sparks, unless someone else says something about it.

If it's the way the ring things are on the sparks, I can remove those.

Version 5 is now finally released, check the first post for screenshots and whatever.

Version 6 will be worked on depending if Srb2 2.1 has any new sprite lumps and such.

I love this mod and I would like it even more if it would not "modify" the game. :)
I would like to unlock secrets and to join servers with this mod, but unfortunately it is not possible. :/

Well, I think I have found an error:
I am not that good at English, but I really think that "surprise" (grenade ring) has to be seperated "sur-prise" instead of "surpr-ise". ;)

Also, the border color of the invincibility is nice and the elemental shield icon still looks like a teleporter icon. :D ;)

Last edited:
I love this mod and I would like it even more if it would not "modify" the game. :)
I would like to unlock secrets and to join servers with this mod, but unfortunately it is not possible. :/
It changes sprites and stuff so it triggers the "modify" flag. Can't do anything about it on my end, sorry.

Well, I think I have found an error:
I am not that good at English, but I really think that "surprise" (grenade ring) has to be seperated "sur-prise" instead of "surpr-ise". ;)
That's how it's setup with the default graphics, they couldn't fit the whole word in there so they had to do set it up with surpr-ise.

Also, the border color of the invincibility is nice and the elemental shield icon still looks like a teleporter icon. :D ;)

The Elemental Shield's icon was a idea from a certain game. Have you played Quest 64? If so... those tiny jewels in-cased in a glass orb are the Elemental Gems. (Red -> Fire, Blue -> Water, Green -> Wind, Yellow -> Earth.) it was the only idea I could come up with at the time.

Unless... someone were to give me a idea for the Elemental Shield's Icon... although a update for this won't happen until 2.1 comes out.

Last edited:
The only thing about the invincibility sparks I dislike is the circle around the stars. It might be just me, it isn't that big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back