We're Not Dead Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question, Are the grey little pixels going away?
You know, like when you change color and there are these gray pixels that make the character look messy, is that going away?
I hope it is. ^-^'

Not on Sonic, apparently from the screens. They fixed the other two, Tails and Knuckles, but not the... main... character...

Huh.

Last edited:
Another question, Are the grey little pixels going away?
You know, like when you change color and there are these gray pixels that make the character look messy, is that going away?
I hope it is. ^-^'

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, i will just take your word for it, but changing sprites is not as easy as it sounds from what i understand. Also, that is not really a MAJOR problem. Let them focus on what they need to do, then, if they want, they listen to tour suggestions, but remember, asking for stuff like a ignore button is not easy honestly, srb2 will always be a great fan game, probably the best, and we cant have srb2 without
The people who work on it. As for the netcode, as long as we know that they arent dead yet, im happy.

I mean how, in multiplayer if you change your color (White for example) you would see all these gray pixels that make the character look messy, its not really about changing the sprites but more of a small pallete update.
(And, Ignore button? I didnt say that.)

The ignore button was not you, but it really is about changing every single sprite, for in a editor like XWE, you cannot change it through there, therefor, you must go to the root of the file and change each state manually, then load each one BACK into the file. Its like creating another new character, minus the other work.

Exporting the sprite, coloring the pixel to a dark shade of green, and re importing it isn't hard at all. It's just time consuming but can generally be done in a day, if that's the case. What's hard for me would be realigning each and every sprite, but it'd be worth it to calm my OCD.

Exporting the sprite, coloring the pixel to a dark shade of green, and re importing it isn't hard at all. It's just time consuming but can generally be done in a day, if that's the case. What's hard for me would be realigning each and every sprite, but it'd be worth it to calm my OCD.
I did not really mean, "hard" but time consuming, as you said. But the thing is, the knux sprite was added only in 2.0, therefor, i am not sure if he had it, as
For tails, i do not recall him having back in 109.4 or even 108 (ya, I've been on srb2 THAT long). Also the sonic sprite is the oldest. So ya, to do every single frame and stuff... Honestly, it dose not bother me. It could be a lot worse.

The brown pixels on Tails he's had since his inclusion of SRB2 are clearly fixed in the shots shown here, and in IRC. They likely did this through SLADE's repaletting tool though, since unlike Sonic's greys, Brown isn't used elsewhere on his sprites.

Even though it'd take long, it'd be worth it if it were me, just to stop the OCD that's been plaguing me for 7 years or so. Although the devs are hard at work with things, I'm pretty sure the new build has most of its planned features done besides the netcode fix, so the spriters likely have free time on their hands (besides Eggscalibur who I hear looks too much like an eggmobile). I'm not saying they need to do the grey pixels once and for all, but I hear the argument that "they could be doing something more important" all the time. In reality, like how developing stuff goes, there's always a time where some of the staff is probably just sitting around, this is usually the time where polish can be done on the little things or else they never get done.

Also, I'm pretty sure most of the users here have been playing SRB2 for years, existing since final demo isn't really impressive.

Well, thanks for making me feel new again. (Just Kidding.) I guess your right, since 2010 i think they have had 2.0, they must have had a lot of free time. But I am just saying, if they haven't done so yet, then there really is no reason to pressure them about somthing that is not needed. It does not bother me, so ya. Also, I have not met another user who has been on Srb2 as long as me... I wonder who has been on longer however? It does not really matter, perhaps I will make a thread about it. Or not. Why am I talking about this here. Point is, Devs work on what they want to work on. Then once they get everthing they wanted to finish, then they take suggestions.

Also, is 108 a final demo too? I was only starting to learn about Srb2 back then so I don't remember.

Last edited:
It was supposed to yeah, as the next version they've told themselves it'd have the complete SP Campaign and a full Multiplayer.

Yet here we are, still miles away from any of that.

I must say though, for how bad the old CEZ was, for me it kind of sticks out more than the new one. Probably because of the whole central court they had it going with CEZ2. Also probably because I've been here since 1.09.4.

It was supposed to yeah, as the next version they've told themselves it'd have the complete SP Campaign and a full Multiplayer.

Yet here we are, still miles away from any of that.

The singleplayer is mostly done. All the levels (Aside from ACZ and RVZ stuff) are there, there's not a whole lot of things to fix at this point there. the multiplayer is the big issue at this time. More maps, and of course, repairing the netcode. And likely, improvements of SOC isn't complete yet (or it's just buggy like the netcode) so there's still a bit to be done before 2.1 is done and gussied up for the opening act.

Last edited:
Aren't we forgetting one non-existent zone that Brak is supposed to be the boss of?

(Although, who really wants to see that zone in the first place?)

Aren't we forgetting one non-existent zone that Brak is supposed to be the boss of?

(Although, who really wants to see that zone in the first place?)
Actually, a lot of people want that zone, if you want, make like thread like poll. Im not sure, but it is really a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back