Fof,of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

How do I make a FOFOF (A floor over floor over a floor) So that it looks like this:

|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|

|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|

|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
|.........................|

Last edited:
Just make a second FOF tagged to the same sector as the first FOF. Same thing goes for putting anything else in there.

Yes, he's right.
But i learned from Chubbzdoomer. I still need to learn how to make moving FOF's. .-.

Thanks it worked, also, I am having a problem with flats (was about to PM this to TSDude but why not just post it here) when I add flats, the flats look like this:

shot0011_zpsc0b1cf6c.png

shot0009_zps49cee422.png

This is what I have in the WAD:

TX_START
SKY66 - (GRAPHIC DOOM)
SPLASH1 - (GRAPHIC PNG)
SPLASH2 - (GRAPHIC PNG)
SPLASH3 - (GRAPHIC DOOM)
TX_END
F_START
SPLASH4 - (GRAPHIC PNG)
F_END

You need to convert everything to DooM GFX. XWE does this automatically when importing a BMP, and SLADE gives you the option in the right click menu for graphic lumps.

You need to convert everything to DooM GFX. XWE does this automatically when importing a BMP, and SLADE gives you the option in the right click menu for graphic lumps.

After converting them to DooM Graphics (Even though I think it wasn't the problem due to not having a Sigment Violation) it did help a little, here is a picture of what changes it had made:

shot0013_zpscb6a29ff.png

Here is the original texture:
TEXTURE2_zpsf52c3bf0.png
Here is the texture AFTER the conversion to DooM graphics:
SPLASH2_zps6977cf56.png

Is it about the weird white line/tutti-frutti that shows up on your Flat? There's a simple explanation for that: Prime 2.0 made a slight mistake when he said "Doom Graphic Format". That is a column-based format that is used for wall and sprite graphics; what you want is "Doom Flat Format", which is a different format entirely. SLADE does make the distinction between the two, so just convert it to that format instead.

Also make sure they're between F_START and F_END marker lumps; I'm assuming they already are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back