SRB2 2.0.X Bug Reports (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
[00:16] <+Senku> :
srb20003.png

[00:16] <+Senku> :D
[00:17] <+Senku> That bot pushed me into a wall, and eventually made me collide with him and die, then I respawn, find him again, and he lacks a shield

srb20001l.png

In this screenshot, the gravity flips you up and down without you falling off. You can die if you build your inertia to hit the top pit.

I can't really be bothered to check if this bug has been submitted or not, but I might as well.

In Hide and seek as knuckles, when you are on the wall you sometimes move slowly up or down. And there is nothing you can do about it since movement is disabled.

If the difference between the top height and bottom height of an FOF is greater than a certain amount, collision with it may mess up and graphical glitches occur.

For whatever reason, in ERZ2 at the teleporter that sends you to the fan sliding part, if you miss the teleporter or over shoot it, you sometimes die.

EDIT: Also, in Netgames it may happen that the sign while it's spinning may freeze:

33a6u5i.png

Last edited:
For whatever reason, in ERZ2 at the teleporter that sends you to the fan sliding part, if you miss the teleporter or over shoot it, you sometimes die.
That reminds me. Once, I went so fast into the final elevator, the silent teleport screwed up and stuck me inside the wall in the far back.

I'm sure this bug has been reported countless times already, but I at least have to know how it works.

At the very end of ERZ2, you step on the yellow arrow for the elevator to work. Anyone missing will try to call the elevator back down. Once that happens, anyone stepping out of the elevator at the end will get teleported outside of the thok wall. I still can't figure out how elevator FOFs can cause that.

Because it's not an elevator. It's a cleverly disguised relative teleport.

Egg Guards aren't hurt by the Armageddon blast because of their shields.

MOTD doesn't replace the current MOTD, it appends to it. This also makes it impossible to clear.

I found something odd with Tails, involving the Spindash-Fly trick. After you do that, if you angle the camera just right, and hold forward and right (or left depending on the direction), you appear to go faster. I can't tell well if this actually is the case or not, but it appears to be (since Tails moves farther away from the camera).

1. An undocumented level header parameter features an error. SpeedMusic was found in the source code, but not documented on the Wiki (or elsewhere). Don't worry, I added it to the Wiki. Although, that's not the problem. The thing is that this parameter makes it so that the map will speed the music up when under the effect of the Super Sneakers (like the classic games), rather than playing the shoes music. Unfortunately, once the Super Sneakers effect wears off, the music does not return to normal speed.
    In short: The music's speed will not return to normal if the player had Super Sneakers in a "SpeedMusic = 1" map.
  2. This is a bit hard to explain. If one adds a wad that has level headers, and in one of those level headers a map loads a script (ScriptName = X), the game will behave normally. Although, if one uses the "-warp X" boot parameter, and warps to a map that opens a script (due to the level header), the console will output an "unknown command" message. It will state a random unknown command, most likely one that the user didn't even enter. This seems to only happen if autoexec.cfg is present, but I could be wrong. If you are having troubles recreating this, try downloading a level and SHRes from SRB2Heroes (http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=31333) and playing. If you add the "-warp" command, you'll see what I mean.
    In short: Using "-warp X" and warping to a level that autoloads a script will display a random "unknown command" error.
  3. If you complete one of the bonus levels (I saw this with Mario Koopa Blast, but it may also work with Sonic into Dreams and SRB1 Remake), you get the emerald screen (this could be deleted, by the way). After that, you're sent back to the title screen. If you try to start a new/resume a game, a message will appear saying that you need to leave the current game to start a new one.
    In short: Starting a game after completing a bonus level pack will give you an "exit game" message.
  4. Sometimes, using the cecho command (in my case, in a script inside the wad), will display a single random character after the sentence. Changing a few characters in the original sentence may alter/erase the extra random character, but may alter the other messages. Again, I saw this in my SRB2Heroes mod (http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=31333). Try downloading Frog Forest V2 and see some of the cechos.
    In short: If a script calls a cecho (or if a cecho has certain properties, not sure), a random character may be displayed at the end of the message.

Last edited:
An annoying bug or "bad behavior": If Tails is using Whirlwind Shield and flying, when he gets tired, he does a jump in mid-air and falls, instead of falling normally.

Last edited:
I've known this for a while, but always forgot to report it... If you play as Tails, and then fly, and land on (might need to be an edge) a platform then jump off right away (in the same time frame that makes spike sectors not hurt - 1 tic) you can't fly after the jump.

7em.gif

Hud-less, first person, skynum 66, just so you can see where and how much space that weird texture fragment takes when one uses the 7 emerald "cheat". Also, shouldn't this modify the game? I used it in MKB and checked the console. IsGameModified was false.

EIP=004a7aba

Tag on that fire level (can't remember the name) (Infernal Cavern ~Inuyasha), only wad loaded was Hinote.wad.

Server's seem to become unjoinable after they've been up for a while, then seem to get joinability back after a while, and then become unjoinable again. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back