SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Silver The Hedgehog - 5.1 Details »»
Silver The Hedgehog - 5.1
Developer Last Online: Aug 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (15 votes - 4.67 average)
Released: 04-27-2016 Last Update: 06-17-2018 Installs: 15
Characters Scripts Sprites/Graphics

Nope, you're not dreaming, this one here is not a joke, it's the true and real Silver we've all been waiting for!

So, Silver is as fast as Tails, jumps higher, but cannot damage enemies by jumping on them. But don't worry, he has a bunch of abilities to make up for this!

Spoiler: Abilities!

All the abilities below require Psy Energy, with the exception of Float, they can't be used if you don't have more than a fifth of your energy! (The bar flashes red when you can't use them)

Float
Silver can float if you hold jump after using your double jump ability. Nothing too special. It slowly depletes your Psy energy. You are vulnerable while using it, so be careful.

Psycho Boost
Press Spin while jumping or floating to initiate the Psycho Boost. While boosting, press forward or backwards to go up or down. You can break walls in this state. If you hit a floor while boosting, Silver will start rolling.

Telekinesis
Telekinesis is simple to use, while on the ground, press Spin to lift objects, and press Spin again to throw them. If there's any nearby target, they will be locked on by thrown objects.

Match

Silver can't use weapon rings, but has his own psycho cut that fires three ring consuming projectiles in rapid succession.

Silver also has a Super Form he can use in Single Player, which negates all Psy Energy cost mentionned in the spoiler above.

I hope you will have as much fun playing it than I had making it

Special Thanks
Speedwagon for the char select and end-of-level sign sprites
STCPhoton for the sliding sprites
Snow for online testing and help with sprites
MotorRoach for testing, advices and fixing the character select pic
LJ Sonik, Monster Iestyn, toaster, JTE and Inuyasha for a lot of help with the Lua, dumb scripter I am! :)
A good chunk of the Discord Chats I sent the WAD to to get error reports.

All of those who supported me while I was making this. Thank you, I love you all!

Download Now

File Type: rar Silver_51.rar (315.1 KB, 1665 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 06-19-2018   #242
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
There is not any plan to change the way Silver works in Match, his telekinesis range is limited, and players already have a really long time to react and do something. Psynarchy also no longer exists as of 5.0. Better Thokker support might or might not happen (I'm not really invested into ringslinger as a whole)
I completely understand and respect the choice to not change how Silver works in match, balancing for so many variables in that mode was what made Silver unfun to play as to begin with.
However, it can be quite infuriating when in any given situation where Silver can pick up a player, be it in match or a custom gamemode or otherwise, he hold you so you can't do anything for the duration of the level if they so choose.
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018   #243
Flare957
a.k.a. HyperFlare957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumia1 View Post
However, it can be quite infuriating when in any given situation where Silver can pick up a player, be it in match or a custom gamemode or otherwise, he hold you so you can't do anything for the duration of the level if they so choose.
A solution to the multiplayer Telekinesis issue could be to disable all movement whilst using it against players until he gets hurt or throws the player, kinda like how he acts in Sonic 06. It can give players an opening to attack Silver and free the captive player, which would be especially helpful in team gamemodes.
Flare957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018   #244
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare957 View Post
A solution to the multiplayer Telekinesis issue could be to disable all movement whilst using it against players until he gets hurt or throws the player, kinda like how he acts in Sonic 06. It can give players an opening to attack Silver and free the captive player, which would be especially helpful in team gamemodes.
Except this isn't the issue I'm concerned with, I'm concerned about custom gamemodes like Thokker or anything where the player can't attack without using a character like Rosy to free your friends from Silver's grasp. This just stops Silver in his tracks which doesn't help anything.
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018   #245
GreenKnight9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
Bosses can all be defeated by boosting into them / using their projectiles against them.
Metal Sonic would like to have a word with you
Seriously, he'll almost always go to a corner - forcing me to take damage, it's just brutally unfair.
Old 06-19-2018   #246
"Lat'"
Stop it

Because I keep my promises, Silver has been updated for what will probably be the last time until v2.2:

Version 5.1
  • No, the slide wasn't added back, nor was the spin jump.
  • While Psycho Boosting, hitting a floor will make Silver roll, albeit slowly on a surface as flat as my anime waifus cup sizes, you are still able to gain a lot of speed if performed correctly on slopes!
  • You can now initiate a Psycho Boost by simply pressing and holding spin in the middle of a jump if you don't have a shield. The old method is still avaiable and will have to be used should you want to use it with a shield (this is to avoid conflicts)
  • Thokker support has been added! Silver cannot grab players in thokker, but will instead knock nearby opponents and the ball around. This ability has a pretty long cooldown and eats away one quarter of your energy for each use. This makes Silver effective at guarding the goal.
  • Fixed Psycho Boost Z momentum not scaling with the player and not being reduced underwater.
  • Fixed the Psycho Boost overlay and float particles being misplaced in flipped gravity.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKnight9000 View Post
Metal Sonic would like to have a word with you
Seriously, he'll almost always go to a corner - forcing me to take damage, it's just brutally unfair.
Sorry to break it to you, but Metal Sonic is a terrible boss to begin with and I won't change Silver's kit for the sake of one poorly designed boss.

Last edited by "Lat'"; 06-19-2018 at 08:27 PM.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote