Is there a "ban checker/status?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, it takes two months for a strike to go away. So if you're on Strike 2, it would take 4 months before being completely clean again, I believe. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Chisuun said:
IIRC, it takes two months for a strike to go away. So if you're on Strike 2, it would take 4 months before being completely clean again, I believe. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I mean to see the status right now.

I don't even remember my strike.(when I got it,I know I have 2) So I'm wondering to see how many more weeks/days I have or something.

There isn't a way to see it because it isn't actually stored anywhere. We look at the ban log manually to determine which strike to give someone.

Mystic said:
There isn't a way to see it because it isn't actually stored anywhere. We look at the ban log manually to determine which strike to give someone.

Does the strike go away by itself?

Because what if someone forgets to remove it on the day, and later I get banned...?

You seem to think we have some super duper strike system. We do strikes manually, we just look through the ban log and apply the correct ban length.

There isn't a strike to remove. Here's how it works.

Step 1. Someone breaks the rules and an admin clicks on the ban button.
Step 2. The ban dialog comes up, along with a link to the ban log.
Step 3. The admin clicks on the ban log and determines if the user in question has broken the rules before, and if so, are the previous bans recent enough to still count towards a longer ban.
Step 4. The admin applies the ban with the correct time and user title.

There are no "strikes", just a ban log that lists all the bans we've done since the new system was put into place back in June 2007. There isn't a variable somewhere that lists how many strikes you have, so there's no way that anyone could possibly forget to remove one. Part of the reason why we changed the time for strike expiration to two months was to make it easier on us to figure out whether or not someone's strike has expired, because we're doing all the math in our heads.

Mystic said:
Part of the reason why we changed the time for strike expiration to two months was to make it easier on us to figure out whether or not someone's strike has expired, because we're doing all the math in our heads.

In other words, you suffer because we're a lazy administration team. =P

Cue said:
Mystic said:
Part of the reason why we changed the time for strike expiration to two months was to make it easier on us to figure out whether or not someone's strike has expired, because we're doing all the math in our heads.

In other words, you suffer because we're a lazy administration team. =P

-_-
Nice to know that whenever one of us gets banned we will be in very capable hands.

We aren't lazy. Cue was joking. There are other reasons why it takes 60 days before a strike is dropped.

Hey, a one year expiration would be far easier to calculate =P

We also extended it for other reasons, mind you. The reason we chose 2 months, however, is because the math is easy =P

Sonict said:
We aren't lazy. Cue was joking. There are other reasons why it takes 60 days before a strike is dropped.

Don't you think I realised that? Of course I knew that the admins weren't lazy. Otherwise we might have a lot of confusion involving bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back