Friend Suddenly Can't Host. Need Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno The Firefox

Creator of Inferno Logic.
So, my friend UnbreakableBond (I'll call him UB for short) is very new to Srb2. Yesterday he was hosting a server, which I, along with other players, was able to join.

He went to host a server for us two plus Burning-Fox, but suddenly his server is unreachable. According to him, Srb2 is allowed through all firewalls and his ports have been forwarded (as evident in the fact that he was hosting successfully last night). Any help on how to fix this is greatly appreciated.

Ask him what he did between the time the first server ended, and the time the second (unreachable) server started. Based on that, you can figure out what went wrong.

It WAS a portforwarding issue apparently. Said friend managed to host WITHOUT forwarding his ports publically. ...How, I have no idea. But apparently his internet decided enough was enough, and we had to portforward.

I'm still baffled on how he hosted in the first place, but eh. This is solved. :P

It WAS a portforwarding issue apparently. Said friend managed to host WITHOUT forwarding his ports publically. ...How, I have no idea. But apparently his internet decided enough was enough, and we had to portforward.

I'm still baffled on how he hosted in the first place, but eh. This is solved. :P

From what I can remember, If a new player tried to host for the first time, the server will show up just fine. But once you restart the computer, SRB2 won't be able to use that computer as a host ever again, unless you portforward.

From what I can remember, If a new player tried to host for the first time, the server will show up just fine. But once you restart the computer, SRB2 won't be able to use that computer as a host ever again, unless you portforward.

NOW I know why I used to be able to host without port forwarding...Though in 1.09.4 you didn't need to port forward to host at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back