Is windows Vista any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually believe it or not for some reason vista is faster than xp due to xp not been compatible with some of my hardware.

I love how nobody read my post, you are all wrong. Vista is fine, you haven't used it and are just regurgitating comments from some other idiot who has never used vista.

JigglyWiggly said:
I love how nobody read my post, you are all wrong. Vista is fine, you haven't used it and are just regurgitating comments from some other idiot who has never used vista.
I am currently running vista and until now xp has always been a faster choice but for this computer, windows xp doesn't like the hardware im using and laggs like hell.

My bro has Vista,its does run/look nicer as stated.

But I found some downs,trying to check Yahoo email crashed the whole computer,so did my friend clicked membership for CP and it crashed,it also crashed a few other times.

Thats the only problem I had with Vista,crashs.

I have vista and I haven't noticed any differences at all since I used to have it on XP.

Autosaver said:
My bro has Vista,its does run/look nicer as stated.

But I found some downs,trying to check Yahoo email crashed the whole computer,so did my friend clicked membership for CP and it crashed,it also crashed a few other times.

Thats the only problem I had with Vista,crashs.

Hmm, and you have 1 problem as well ignorance. That problem is not related to vista, it's related more to you not being properly protected, and or junk software. Go reformat and put avg 8.0 and test it, it will work.

Silent_Snipe said:
JigglyWiggly said:
I am currently running vista and until now xp has always been a faster choice but for this computer, windows xp doesn't like the hardware im using and laggs like hell.

What do you mean, like no video drivers or something? Maybe update your intel inf drivers?

JigglyWiggly said:
What do you mean, like no video drivers or something? Maybe update your intel inf drivers?
I'm not sure how exactly it lagged as much as it did but i think its most likely the divers im using for my hardware are not compatible with xp or something like that.

They probably are, what's your specs?

Autosaver said:
Uh....It does have AVG 8.0. D:

Although I forgot to say it doesn't always happen.

Scan some more? Checking yahoo email for me on my vista drive works fine. I can't diagnose a specific problem because I'm over here and your over there ;P

Personally, I'm fine with Windows XP. I've had an XP laptop for about two years now, and it still runs like a charm -- almost no problems I have to deal with and it's quite fast compared to my other computers. By the sound of it, Vista's had quite a rough start, so I think I'll want to wait a year or two before actually purchasing it. By then, hopefully most or all programs I want/have will be compatible with it, and all bugs will be sorted out. If not, then... well, I don't care anyways.

I have a friend with vista. His computer is incredibly slow, and he feels as if he cannot do anything. If he tries clicking anything his vista will freeze.

I would say no.....

Jellybones69 said:
I have a friend with vista. His computer is incredibly slow, and he feels as if he cannot do anything. If he tries clicking anything his vista will freeze.

I would say no.....
I actually heard somewhere that installing one OS over another OS will cause it to run extremely slow. Not sure from where, and not sure why (Something that has to do with the remains of the other OS.) So I'd ask him if he installed it over XP, because it might be the problem.

i do use vista, the only thing of why people argue is for their ram and hardware, when i got my laptop we forgot to put the 1 gig ram card, it ran slow, yah, but once i inserted the ram card it just ran fine, now look at me, 4 gigs ram and i use this LAPTOP for gaming and stuff (with integrated graphics) and rarely lag, yah, it may use more ram and stuff, but it has it advantages as mentioned before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back