123456789spam on Youtube (youtubers must read this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice said:
Whenever I shut it down, it gives me a warning message that says something about system instability. I don't know if that's what you're talking about.
Windows says that whenever you end processes. Even Aim does that.

Windows Vista? Because I never get that message. Unless it's the dialog with "finish now" and "cancel". But that only appears if the process you want to shut down is stuck (has crashed?).

Simsmagic said:
Did you, by chance, get that from this?

123456789spam..... WARNING
Body: Read Or Your Account Will Be Deleted (I'm Serious Read) No Chain Yt Street Team Message
Body: Do not open anything from 123456789spam. Our customers complained that it is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus. If you do not pass this letter to everyone on your friends list, we will delete your account. We need to find out who is really using these accounts. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely, the Youtube Team

Chain letter dude.
Yes, I got it from my friend goombablood

hack_the_hedgehog said:
I don't know how to block users, well I'll just not save my account in my computer. I don't even know about it. Well I just made my account just to post comments.
Simple, just go to whoever's account, then where it says connect with, *account name* one of the options should say, "Block User".
Sorry for the double post. I was unavailable on Saturday.

Sonicspeeders said:
Simsmagic said:
Did you, by chance, get that from this?

123456789spam..... WARNING
Body: Read Or Your Account Will Be Deleted (I'm Serious Read) No Chain Yt Street Team Message
Body: Do not open anything from 123456789spam. Our customers complained that it is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus. If you do not pass this letter to everyone on your friends list, we will delete your account. We need to find out who is really using these accounts. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely, the Youtube Team

Chain letter dude.
Yes, I got it from my friend goombablood

Then that would be a chain letter. A message created by someone with the sole intent of passing it to as many people as possible for about 3 seconds worth of lulz. They're like the ever-so-popular "OMG IF U READ THIS YOU WILL DAI IN 3 DAYS UNLESS YOU REPOST THIS TO FIVE OTHER VIDEOS LOL". Trust me, if chain letters were real, I would be dead about 14 times.

Simsmagic said:
Trust me, if chain letters were real, I would be dead about 14 times.
I would be dead about 75 times, have my soul sucked out (once by Mickey Mouse) 5 times, have my love life ruined 150 times(Something non-existant can't be ruined. :p), and my wish to stop getting chain letters would have been granted.

Kaysakado said:
Simsmagic said:
Trust me, if chain letters were real, I would be dead about 14 times.
I would be dead about 75 times, have my soul sucked out (once by Mickey Mouse) 5 times, have my love life ruined 150 times(Something non-existant can't be ruined. :p), and my wish to stop getting chain letters would have been granted.

That's nothing. I would be dead 279 times (I have a lot of chain-mailing friends), my mom would be dead 49 times, I would've been stabbed by an African 17 times, I would have lost a girlfriend 24 times and , finally, I would have my account deleted 4 times.

Sonict said:
Alrighty guys. Get back on topic please.
For ruining our fun, I feel like you should have died 279 times. *shot*

But really, I don't think someone could inflict a virus on you by posting a comment or video.

Maybe not a comment, but with a video, sure they can. In order to watch the video, you have to download it. It may just look like a loading bar to you, but it's being streamed directly to your computer; it isn't just magically showing and loading on a web page.

Yes, but videos are just pictures and audio. (And a header file, maybe)

Point is, the only things that can inflict viruses are applications.

This topic is irritating the crap out of me, you cannot get a virus off of youtube because whenever you upload a video it converts it to youtube's format even if the video is in FLV format. the only place you can put links while your on youtube is in the video discription, PM's and your youtube channel, but it only puts down the URL so it cant automaticly download anything except the youtube video. End of story.

Sasa said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5-G-ttTgDg
xXCatLuvrxX in the comments in that video sasa linked said:
Yeah, somone tell me, HOW MANY PEOPLE ACCTUALLY GOT A VIRUS FROM COMMENTING ON HIS VIDEOS/CHANNEL, GETTING A MESSAGE FROM HIM, ETC?!? I haven't heard of anyone saying that they got a virus yet, -_- Show me any good evidence that proves you have a virus in your computer from doing any of that stuff, and I'll admit I was wrong and run around the street holding up a spork in the air and shout that the spork is my god ( I do that all the time anyways X3)
I agree with CatLuvr, as of the time i posted this there is NO rock solid proof that 123456789spam is giving people viruses.

zeldagamer00 said:
Sasa said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5-G-ttTgDg
xXCatLuvrxX in the comments in that video sasa linked said:
Yeah, somone tell me, HOW MANY PEOPLE ACCTUALLY GOT A VIRUS FROM COMMENTING ON HIS VIDEOS/CHANNEL, GETTING A MESSAGE FROM HIM, ETC?!? I haven't heard of anyone saying that they got a virus yet, -_- Show me any good evidence that proves you have a virus in your computer from doing any of that stuff, and I'll admit I was wrong and run around the street holding up a spork in the air and shout that the spork is my god ( I do that all the time anyways X3)
I agree with CatLuvr, as of the time i posted this there is NO rock solid proof that 123456789spam is giving people viruses.
*confusing*
Who should I thrust... Two people say no, or another 1000000 people who say yes...
Ok, If you are so against it, the proof it... You still don't belive the message from youtube team??? Then fine...
Or are you just making me recive the virus from him? Or make me feel not scaired???

JRose said:
The warnings are not about his videos. Its about not opening any email from him.
Did I mention there are a lot of people hosting not to open anything from him???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back