mtf_KnockoutsBIGlevelpack.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoatRack

Official Community CoatRack
Sonic Team Junior
Well this is my first level pack so I hope you like it.

It has 3 ctfs levels and 1 match level.

CTF:
Green Lake
Techno Lazer
EGG Fort

Match:
Knockout City 3.0

Screenshots: Screenshots! =D

EGG Fort:

Green Lake:

Techno Lazer:

Download link: http://srb2ffh4.supersanctuary.net/file.php?id=27

*Knockout The Echidna puts on heavy armor

You stole a name for one of the levels I was going to make. =l

I'll reveiw it soon.

Edit: ok lets see:

Green Lake Zone- Well, It looked nice, but it was too small, it only takes a few good thoks to get to the other side.

Egg Fort Zone- Too flat, the water does not seem to have a colourmap either, and also too small.

Techno Lazer-I liked this one, the lazer barrer around the base was a nice touch, could be bigger though.

Knockout city- I just don't like this one, its too small and too flat.

I played all of these in coop if it makes any difference.

Knockout City 3. 5/10

It's not bad, but not the best. It kinda looks like Dark Town in some bits, it's probally just me. It's a bit bland in most of the stage, the inside areas were ok, but I think a bit more time on this stage could predict better results.

Egg Fort 6/0

The design was okish, but you have no flags, dropping the result down. It's quite flat, and bland in most of the stage too. Add some scenery and stff, and also a red flag & a blue flag, otherwise the stage is not worth playing in CTF without flags.

Green Lake 9/10

Great job on this stage. This one is worth playing, but have you think about trying to make it slightly bigger since it feels a bit small. Otherwise nice one :)

Techno Lazer. 9/10

Whoa, I wasn't expecting this, this was great fun to play in. The gimmicks were cool , and the design was great. Nice job.

Overall: 7/10 The last 2 stages I mentioned are great. But personally I think the first 2 stages I mentioned need big editing, or revamps, and also some quirks to make it look good.

Well, I didn't actually play it with anyone. But I browsed through it to see what looked good and what didn't. It's not going to be the best feedback, but here it goes:

Map Header
Well, you managed to make a ShufflarB2 map header without saying that it is a ShufflarB2 level pack. Vanilla SRB2 had issues going to the next level by itself

Knockout City Zone Act 3, UNKNOWN/10
I don't know, but there's a possibility that the Auto-Explosion may not be placed properly. I dunno. The spring that gets you through a crack on the roof...well, that crack is too small; it takes several tries to get up there. And there's nothing really on that roof. -_- IIRC, that may be the only way (as Sonic) to get to the Random Monitor, so, well, that's better than nothing. That appears (BUT I'M NOT SURE) like it would give Tails players an advantage. That's all I can say so far.

Egg Fort Zone, UNKNOWN/10

The ceiling is a little low. Kind of annoying when you hit a spring in the water and you hit this invisible roof. Because of that, the yellow springs in the water give the illusion that you can go onto the alternate path, but in actuality, you can't. You might want to look into that.

Do not make me jump for each stair on the alternate path. If you absolutely must use stairs that high, use the Ramp Sector sector type.

You have Auto-Rail. Unless you're a genius mapper, don't even try to place Automatic and Rail in the same stage. I KNOW people are going to complain about this one.

Green Lake Zone, UNKNOWN/10

Nice scenery. The stairs leading to the bases highly break up the flow because you have to hop up there. I can imagine many deadlocks resulting from this.

Techno Lazer Zone, UNKNOWN/10

What really makes this stage interesting is how the main paths are on the sides and the alternate path is in the middle. The constant stair jumping in the alternate path doesn't look like it'd be good. It slows the player down, yes, but he/she is out in the open and not in a hallway. I foreshadow that decent Rail Ring users will have a massive advantage over any Sonic player who tries to take that path.

Also, the lasers guarding the flag. It felt to me like a cheap hazard when browsing through the level. It looks cool, but you MIGHT want to alter that. Maybe. Maybe it's not as cheap as I think it is.

Hyperknux said:
Knockout City 3. 5/10

It's not bad, but not the best. It kinda looks like Dark Town in some bits, it's probally just me. It's a bit bland in most of the stage, the inside areas were ok, but I think a bit more time on this stage could predict better results.

I think I'll just scrap KO City 3.0

Hyperknux said:
Egg Fort 6/0

The design was okish, but you have no flags, dropping the result down. It's quite flat, and bland in most of the stage too. Add some scenery and stff, and also a red flag & a blue flag, otherwise the stage is not worth playing in CTF without flags.

DOH! I can't see how I could forget the flags.>_>
I'm trying to fix the stairs right now.

Hyperknux said:
Green Lake 9/10

Great job on this stage. This one is worth playing, but have you think about trying to make it slightly bigger since it feels a bit small. Otherwise nice one :)

Make it bigger? Ok.

Though I haven't played it, I say make Green Lake longer between bases, but a lot narrower from side to side. Most of the official ones are like this. CTF stages, in my mind, should be about 18000 x 3500 fracunits. Your stage is 8576 x 8756 fracunits, and those aren't good CTF dimensions.

The generic but tried-and-true alternate path is a long, but 256-fracunit narrow hallway. It's usually supposed to take longer than the main path, so having it be underwater wouldn't be a bad idea.

You people don't know how to rate. Seriously. A 5 isn't a failure, it's a C (average).

EGG Fort: 3/10
I couldn't find the flags. It was flat, and had random pillars. Whee? Also, the stairs force you to jump repeatedly to get up to the top of the "castle" thing.

Green Lake: 6/10
It was the best of all of them, but still not really amazing. You have the ability to see the entire map at once, causing framerate lag due to everything being rendered at the same time. >< The path is VERY linear, but you balanced it out (sorta) with the islands on the side. Basically, an adequate level, but not enough for awes.

Techno Lazer: 4/10
Lame. Basically the same problem as EGG Fort (flat with obscene obstacles) except there was an addition of lasers. Whee. I don't understand the purpose of this, because it appears the only way to get in through the front is to climb up, which is a total opportunity for an opposing team member to retrieve the flag with a rail ring. To go through the lasers is the best choice, being the fastest, but it shouldn't have to be.

Knockout City: 2/10
HANGOUT HANGOUT HANGOUT

Bland, boring, etcetera. Flat, with buildings; an 'arcade' is included, and then the road ends at a huge black wall. yey

Ash, any level can be a hangout, it's not a certan feature then it becomes a hangout, though I havent actualy played this, but I might later on

Vash said:
Ash said:
Knockout City: 2/10
HANGOUT HANGOUT HANGOUT
Just because something has the word "City" in it doesn't mean it's actually a hangout map, you know. >_>

That's not why I said HANGOUT three times. Actually play the map, and then tell me it would be uncommon for a map like that be used for hangout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back