scr_Sonic Remix Blast 2.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSX said:
I... couldn't figure out what to do in the first Act.

Level 1 should never be THAT hard.

srb20124-1.png

Um, he did this on his Vista computer. Cut him some slack. Those things are notorious for crashing more than old macs and being generally shitty.

FSX said:
If you have not downloaded this WAD:

SHUT UP ABOUT IT. And stop directing him to Level Designing 101. You actually CAN make a good level with out it!

He is right. First download the wad to comment.

That's what everyone has been doing. They don't just look at the pictures and say, "Oh, this is just a crappy mod that this person made, so I'm just going to direct him to the SRB2Wiki page that talks about level designing." That's not what they do. They actually download the WAD, play through the entire thing(If they can.), and critisise the WAD. Don't be complaining that people have actually played the WAD and giving their time to actually make a comment that has critism in it. That's what they are supposed to do, anyways. If they didn't do that, then what's the point in giving critism?

I've been around for a while, and I think I've grown to know what's good or bad in a level... or mod in this case.

A beginner's mod, ooh, how fun. Some nice concepts ya got there, but you still go back to the elementarily flat concept that every noob gets wrong all the time. The size? About 14MB? I'm not downloading only because I assume it's just uncompressed (and unlooppointed) music. I'd download it if the size were feasible, but I digress; you should not start out with a mod REGARDLESS of how much 'fame' you want, popularity, or respect from it only because it's the first thing you ever release. You EARN those things in due time; rather than just getting it. Think of it this way: is it better to very slowly release amazing levels, or chuck out a crappy level once a day?

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion on the matter, yet sadly, I don't give a damn about yours. You know what you're doing wrong, and you knew what you wanted to gain from it, but you also knew it might turn out this way.

From me: This gets a 0.3/10. Visuals look bland, boring, and flat; file size is over the top for just a few levels (I don't even expect this kind of size from 20+ good levels with added music); no effort whatsoever. Sadly, it was bound to come to this...

Try again. (Link)

Hyperknux on another forum said:
Ash was only giving you constructive critisism to try and help, however you are not accepting the help and the critisism to improve your wads. If you don't like it and you are not ready to take it, don't release your wads here.

Again, the new screenshots are too flat, and plan. Try and put some more effort into it.

Also blaming vista is a cheap excuse because of the memory on a computer to make a level. Jeez some computers like Win98, or Windows 2000 can hold a bit of memory to make more bigger levels than the creation you just released. Read the wiki in the future for help and information.

Thank you Hyperknux. You basically summed up what my rebuttal would have been.

1588126192474e2faf448e9.gif
<----- Me

I just said I'd get to fixing.
I stated it in the first page.
I have 3 zones already made.
2D bosses?
Only act 6.
Did you even look at the secrets menu to say all the levels need work on?
Try looking there before you say all the levels need work on.

I DID look at all of the levels. You neglecting the fact that you aren't the best map maker in the world is making it harder for you to understand. On top of that, ignoring Level Design 101 is basically a sign that shows you don't even have what it takes to make a proper level. "I CAN MAKE AN AWESOME LEVEL, I DONT NEED ANY HELP EVEN THOUGH THIS IS ONE OF MY VERY FIRST ATTEMPTS...!!!" It doesn't work that way. You either learn how, or you don't learn how, and apparently you don't feel like learning. Imo, it sucks. I gave you constructive criticism, and my opinion; I don't need to give you any more than that.

Ash said:
I DID look at all of the levels. You neglecting the fact that you aren't the best map maker in the world is making it harder for you to understand. On top of that, ignoring Level Design 101 is basically a sign that shows you don't even have what it takes to make a proper level. "I CAN MAKE AN AWESOME LEVEL, I DONT NEED ANY HELP EVEN THOUGH THIS IS ONE OF MY VERY FIRST ATTEMPTS...!!!" It doesn't work that way. You either learn how, or you don't learn how, and apparently you don't feel like learning. Imo, it sucks. I gave you constructive criticism, and my opinion; I don't need to give you any more than that.

Alright then...

Tell me what you think should be fixed and what should not.

Let me score the Acts:

Winter Waterfall Zone:
Act 1 - 4/10 (It's hard to find the exit and fix the snow edges' color)
Act 2 - 3/10 (Two words: Too small)
Act 3 - 2/10 (2D + Adventure = Worst use of SA Mode)

Deep Core Zone:
Act 1 - 6/10 (I once hit a Puma in the accelerator part)
Act 2 - 7/10 (Make it sound more like a mach-speed area)
Act 3 - 2/10 (You're supposed to hit Eggman)

Space Air Rift Zone:
Act 1 - 3/10 (Go see WWZ1 except the last part)
Act 2 - 6/10 (Needs some improvements (It also reminds me of Golden Ruins' Giant Fleet Zone))
Act 3 - 2/10 (See DCZ3)

SuperSonic64 said:
Ash said:

Alright then...

That's self explanatory. If it's flat, boring, and lacks looping music, you should in turn... (HINT HINT, MAKE IT NOT FLAT AND BORING AND ACTUALLY MAKE THE MUSIC LOOPABLE!) Guess what? I even gave you the same advice earlier, and yet you still aren't following it after the many people said the same thing shortly after;

Ash said:
No effort whatsoever = No fun whatsoever.
Quality > Quantity

Try again.

Ash said:
SuperSonic64 said:
Ash said:

Alright then...

That's self explanatory. If it's flat, boring, and lacks looping music, you should in turn... (HINT HINT, MAKE IT NOT FLAT AND BORING AND ACTUALLY MAKE THE MUSIC LOOPABLE!) Guess what? I even gave you the same advice earlier, and yet you still aren't following it after the many people said the same thing shortly after;

Ash said:
No effort whatsoever = No fun whatsoever.
Quality > Quantity

Try again.

I did loop the music.

I got it all done in the right position of the ogg too.

Jacklekku said:
Act 2 - 6/10 (Needs some improvements (It also reminds me of Golden Ruins' Giant Fleet Zone))
Golden Ruins?
Huh?

So you ignore his suggestions except for the one that honestly does the least to improve your level pack?

Level design > Music.

Jazz said:
So you ignore his suggestions except for the one that honestly does the least to improve your level pack?

Level design > Music.

I have the music looped.

Its not flat and boring anymore.

Sykotic said:
Um, he did this on his Vista computer. Cut him some slack. Those things are notorious for crashing more than old macs and being generally ****.

I used XP.

And by the way, my math class is full of OS9 G3 iMacs.

They are much more fun to use than my grandma's Vista laptop.

Sykotic said:
Um, he did this on his Vista computer. Cut him some slack. Those things are notorious for crashing more than old macs and being generally ****.
And that is another flaw in Windows Vista. SuperSonic64 needs practice on Level Making, the only good stages he made, IMO, are Eggman's Doomship (Except some parts), this mod's Molten Core and Riot Train.

Offtopic:
FSX said:
my grandma's Vista laptop.
Boy, she's lucky! Being a 10-year old, I would normally find that funny,
but I don't.

EDIT: I wrote Rift Train instead of RIOT Train, now fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back