scr_Sonic Remix Blast 2.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright during my time of being banned, I've worked on a short mod during my vacation.

It includes 11 zones 2 secret.

All you do is find the 7 emeralds hidden in one of the 9 zones.

Screens:
srb20095.png

srb20096-1.png

srb20097-1.png

srb20069.png

srb20082.png

srb20087-2.png

srb20086-1.png

srb20083.png

srb20085.png

now then.

The boss fights are in 2D so to beat eggman,

WWZ: Homing attack.

DCZ3 and SARZ3: When giving the black shield use it before he gives another.

These levels took a lot of time, patience and effort. (done on my vista D:)

Now the links.

Consists of mostly sprite lumps and maps.
you can get it from this link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8zkkes

Enjoy as me and xsrb2x work really hard on this.

(this mod is to be continued)

EDIT: I do have the completed game save data (dont ask for it)

I will tell you what I think after I am done playing it.
p.s.dang you beat me to the idea of 2d boss levels.

Alrighty...

Important passages that lead to the exits of the levels should not be hidden. Secrets should be hidden under fake floors and behind fake walls, not the main path. I wound up using DEVMODE to bring up a sector map to figure out how to get out of a few of your levels.

Also, I can tell that all of these levels were rushed. A good co-op level takes weeks to months to make per level. Churning out 3 per day (assuming you had a Strike I ban as you mentioned) is a recipe for fail.

Boss fights in 2D mode, FAIL! Honestly, I just skipped them.

You were also missing script lumps and other such nonsense, you'll want to go back and figure out what went wrong.

Also, your texturing was haphazard. I could find GFZROCK in almost all of your levels, regardless of whether it belonged in the level or not.

If I were to continue along detailing all the things you did incorrectly, it would span several pages. So I will leave you with this:

Read and understand...

Jazz said:
Alrighty...

Important passages that lead to the exits of the levels should not be hidden. Secrets should be hidden under fake floors and behind fake walls, not the main path. I wound up using DEVMODE to bring up a sector map to figure out how to get out of a few of your levels.

Also, I can tell that all of these levels were rushed. A good co-op level takes weeks to months to make per level. Churning out 3 per day (assuming you had a Strike I ban as you mentioned) is a recipe for fail.

Boss fights in 2D mode, FAIL! Honestly, I just skipped them.

You were also missing script lumps and other such nonsense, you'll want to go back and figure out what went wrong.

Also, your texturing was haphazard. I could find GFZROCK in almost all of your levels, regardless of whether it belonged in the level or not.

If I were to continue along detailing all the things you did incorrectly, it would span several pages. So I will leave you with this:

Read and understand...

They were never rushed.

I understand where your going with all this. And I just playing this and found ALOT of missing textures. The script lumps are going to be removed.

The are many more maps where this came from anyway.

SuperSonic64 said:

Thats exactly what I'm talking about.

Make one, just one decent level before you go off and make an entire pack of them.

If all these other maps are like the ones you released here, nobody in this community wants them, seriously.

Jazz said:
SuperSonic64 said:

Thats exactly what I'm talking about.

Make one, just one decent level before you go off and make an entire pack of them.

If all these other maps are like the ones you released here, nobody in this community wants them, seriously.

Actually I did.

The Secret Level 1 Started this mod.

Par
a
graph
breaks
burn
my
eyes
bad
ly

Also, SS64, screenshots in the first post are supposed to be some of the most interesting or majestic parts of the level. If those are the best screens you can come up with, kiss your mod goodbye. If you can make just one level at a time (with effort) , I can help you improve on that. As it is, I can't. Btw, 2d bosses are ridiculously hard to make at a satisfactory level. At this point in time of your wadding experience, don't try just yet.

on Edge said:
Par
a
graph
breaks
burn
my
eyes
bad
ly

Also, SS64, screenshots in the first post are supposed to be some of the most interesting or majestic parts of the level. If those are the best screens you can come up with, kiss your mod goodbye. If you can make just one level at a time (with effort) , I can help you improve on that. As it is, I can't. Btw, 2d bosses are ridiculously hard to make at a satisfactory level. At this point in time of your wadding experience, don't try just yet.

If I make zone 6 a 3D boss, Everything will be screwed up. Zones 3 and 9 ok. But zone 6, ruins everything in common.

Ash said:
No effort whatsoever = No fun whatsoever.
Quality > Quantity

Try again.

Thank you for the criticism, and I'm gonna do maps 1 2 4 and 7 over anyway.

unique said:
2d bosses =No want.

I guess you won't the last true final boss then.

If you have not downloaded this WAD:

SHUT UP ABOUT IT. And stop directing him to Level Designing 101. You actually CAN make a good level with out it!

Uh, if we're going to stop redirecting him to Level Design 101, it's only because it's not helping.

The gimmicks are good, everything else is bad.

Like Jazz said, don't make it unpossible (lol) to find your way through the level.

BlueZero4 said:
Uh, if we're going to stop redirecting him to Level Design 101, it's only because it's not helping.

Speaking of which, I think this is the second or third time I've linked this guy to Level Design 101. I at least hope my other comments did some good.

And FSX:

I took the time to play through every single level in this little mod. I have every right to direct him to Level Design 101.

And no, you cannot make a good level without the concepts contained in Level Design 101. Reading it is not required by any means. Some people naturally understand the concepts of level design. Either way, the concepts still stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back