Please I Need Help On Starting the Program; error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman94

I New as a member on these forums but I found Srb2 like sometime during the summer. When I downloaded it then the program worked alright. But since my computer is old and cannot hold a lot of space I had to delete it.

Now since I was putting some fan games on a CD to play on my computer I was going to redownload this. I did, everything was fine until clicked on the actual program. An Error cam up and it said:

"Could not allocate 64 megabytes.
Please use the -mb parameter and specify a lower value."

I'm good with computers but I didn't understand this not one bit. So can somebody please help me?

You need to run SRB2 through the command line, using the argument -mb [insert some number lower than 64. Experiment to find the highest number you can use]

Kaysakado said:
You need to run SRB2 through the command line, using the argument -mb [insert some number lower than 64. Experiment to find the highest number you can use]

I'm sorry but I still don't understand.

What the command line and where do I find it on my computer?

You can't run SRB2 on a CD.

Try this
Download Here(stuff.bat)
Put this in the same folder as SRB2 then double click on it. I set the to 32 megabytes. If you what to change it just open it in Text Pad and change the number.

Edit: Changed the link.

jrose05 said:

Try this
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y95dla(stuff.bat)
Put this in the same folder as SRB2 then double click on it. I set the to 32 megabytes. If you what to change it just open it in Text Pad and change the number.

Thanks but It can't work on a CD? Because I put it on a USB drive at one time and it worked at my friends computer.

Edit: Oh Thank You So much! I works perfectly... minus the whole wait about 5 minutes loading but that was normal.

jrose05 said:
Incorrect, you can run SRB2 from a read-only media, just copy everything but config.cfg on the CD, and SRB2 will save a config.cfg, downloaded wads, and other files in the SRB2 folder, in the user's home folder. or use -home to tell SRB2 where to store and get addon files.

My Bad, I guess my computer was playing tricks on me. I restarted my computer and it works again. But I Have A New Problem. When I try to join a game no servers come up. My Internet is obvouisly working since i'm posting this message, so any help with that?

You only forward your ports if you want to host. Make sure the master server is put in correctly. It's srb2.servegame.org:28900.

It's in the right server, internet on, but it still says no servers. I Have DSL with a westell router, is that messing it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back